Author Topic: Christopher BEADNELL and family  (Read 478 times)

Offline fred21

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christopher BEADNELL and family
« on: Saturday 05 September 20 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am researching the BEADNELL family who lived in and around Stokesley and am trying to fill in any gaps that I have.

I have managed to find out quite a bit about Christopher BEADNELL (bapt  25 Jan 1752 Stokesley
died 3 Oct 1841 Richmond)

He married 3 times
1st marriage to Mary CALVERT in 1778 in Stokesley.  She gave him 2 children, a daughter Mary and a son Christopher.
So far I have been unable to find her death

2rd marriage to Margaret IMESON (may also be spelt as IMENSON and possible also as EMERSON)
in 1789 in Richmond.  She gave him 2 daughters - Margaret and Ann

3rd marriage to Hannah IMENSON (would love to find out if she is related to Margaret above) in 1798 in York.  She gave him 3 daughters and 1 son - Hannah, Ann, Jane and William Imeson

Christopher parents were William BEADNELL and Ann HUNTER.  They had 4 other children along with Christopher (who was the eldest) - these other children were William, Sarah, James and Mary.

Any information about this family including about his wives would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Wildermoth/Wildermouth (Ireland, England, France); Byrne, Whelan, Keenan (Ireland); Ellis (Cornwall); Bambrough (Durham), Newman (Durham and Norfolk); Watson (Durham); Mattison (Yorkshire); Kirker (New Zealand and Ireland); Pirie (Scotland); Campton (unknown);

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher BEADNELL and family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 20 03:08 BST (UK) »
Mary was baptised 1780 in Stokesley, and there is also a baptism there on 14 Jun 1786 of James s/o Christopher Beadnel, Weaver.

I see Christopher Jr was baptised in Richmond 6 May 1788, by which time Christopher Sr was a Sergeant in the NY Militia, and there is a burial in Richmond on 1 Jun 1788 of Ann, wife of Christopher Beadnell Sergt in NY Militia.

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 September 20 03:49 BST (UK) »
Freereg

Ann wife of Christopher Beadnell Sgt. N.Y. Militia was buried 1 June 1788.

This would coincide with the birth of Christopher jr. who was baptised 6 May 1788.

The name is Ann not Mary so did the clerk make a mistake?

Sorry Jomot didn't see your post about wife Ann

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 September 20 03:55 BST (UK) »
Christopher and Margaret also had a daughter Hannah bap 21 October 1790 St Mary's buried 3 May 1792, father Christopher Sgt. in the N.Y. Militia