Author Topic: French Records  (Read 594 times)

Offline Ginger71

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
French Records
« on: Sunday 06 September 20 16:47 BST (UK) »
We are trying to trace parts of our family who emigrated to France. 
Firstly we have an Uncle who was born in the UK in London in 1904.  His name was Victor Sampson although the rest of the family did not have the P in the spelling.  At some point he married a lady called Rosette Kamenschtikof who was from Paris.  we have no idea where they married although the assumption has always been they married in Paris.  The first child was born June 1928 (Milly) in Paris,  She told us that date but we have no records.  Then there was Georges Jacob in 1929 and we have his death record which was 1972.  Then there was a male child who died within days of birth in 1931 and a girl called Liliane in 1934 who died in 1934 but again no records for either of these. 

We cannot find Victor's death which was the Dec 14th 1979.  We know this from the obituary in the Jewish press and his daughter Milly told us he committed suicide. 

The family supposedly came to the UK circa 1941 and Victor allegedly served in the forces and was sent Dieppe as a translator.   The children are rumoured to have lived with grandparents in London but also rumoured to have been sent to Scotland. 

We have Rosette's death in 2000 from My Heritage.

we would very much like to clarify the myth and the rumour surrounding this part of the family and any support that anyone has out there would be gratefully received.

Claire

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: French Records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 20 18:48 BST (UK) »
Milly SAMSON was born Paris 9th arrondissement 28 june 1928.
She may get her birth record if she is sill alive or her children or grand children can, but I can't .
The records aren't public yet.
Same problem for the other children.

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 September 20 19:06 BST (UK) »
Victor  married 16 june 1927 Paris 27th arrondissement , born in London 12 june 1904, merchant ,lived in Paris 22 rue Clausel, son of Barnet Sampson ,confectioner, and Leah ORVITCH, no occupation,living in London 25 Lower Marsh , Rosa Kamenschtikof, born in Paris 8 May 1910 9th arrondissement, living 22 rue clausel in her parents home. Marriage contract 15 june 1927 at  Maitre PLOIW 's office.

http://archives.paris.fr/arkotheque/visionneuse/visionneuse.php?arko=YTo2OntzOjQ6ImRhdGUiO3M6MTA6IjIwMjAtMDktMDYiO3M6MTA6InR5cGVfZm9uZHMiO3M6MTE6ImFya29fc2VyaWVsIjtzOjQ6InJlZjEiO2k6NDtzOjQ6InJlZjIiO2k6Mjg4NjE3O3M6MTY6InZpc2lvbm5ldXNlX2h0bWwiO2I6MTtzOjIxOiJ2aXNpb25uZXVzZV9odG1sX21vZGUiO3M6NDoicHJvZCI7fQ==#uielem_move=189.75%2C76&uielem_islocked=0&uielem_zoom=85&uielem_brightness=0&uielem_contrast=0&uielem_isinverted=0&uielem_rotate=F

page 22/31

Offline Ginger71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 September 20 19:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much that is amazing.   We had looked through some of these records but struggled to navigate them in an effective way.  We are so grateful to you.

AMAZING!!!!

Claire

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 September 20 19:31 BST (UK) »
https://deces.matchid.io/search?q=kamenschtifof+rosa

Rosa died in Suresnes in 2000.
You can get her death certificate .

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 September 20 19:35 BST (UK) »
Matchid does not have your Victor SAMPSON (born in London).
So, if he died in France , it was before 1970.

Online joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 06 September 20 19:45 BST (UK) »
I asked on line for her death certificate , I'll let you know as soon as I get it and I'll sent if to you.

Forgot to say that her father was Elie Kamenschtikof and mother Berthe KOMAISKI.

Offline jayaygee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 September 20 20:08 BST (UK) »
Victor may have died after 1970 - I'm quite sure the INSEE database (Matchid) is incomplete as my parents-in-law's deaths and those of other members of my husband's family aren't in it.
BDF Twigg, Ellingham, Gates
BKM Bilbey, Collins, Brandon, Norwood, Smith
HAM Holloway (Romsey area)
HRT Brooks (Tring area)
LDN Saunders, Beedle
MDX Saunders
MLN Maitland, Robertson, McGlashan(all Edinburgh)
OXF Morby, Cross, Gardner (all Banbury area)
SAL Jones, Mathews, Higginson, Davies, Gobourn, Blount
WAR Pritchard (Birmingham)
WRY Dickinson, Atkinson, Mellon, Pritchard, Ashforth, Helliwell, Hague, Dungworth (all Sheffield area)

Offline Ginger71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 06 September 20 20:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all this information.  This is a useful website to know about.  We know that Victor Died December 1974.  Attached is his obituary from the Jewish Chronicle Publication date 20th December 1974.  I have tried through the Paris records but have noticed that it is isn't always completely in order and I haven't found a method to search it unless you have the actual certificate number.

You have been so helpful thank you

Claire