Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 6th September  (Read 424 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Sunday 6th September
« on: Sunday 06 September 20 20:39 BST (UK) »
Starting really early tonight.

Woke this morning in a very agitated state, almost at the stage of having a full scale panic attack. I'd been dreaming but nothing that I remember that would have prompted that state. I couldn't settle down enough at first to go and make a cup of tea, just did some puzzles on my tablet till I was calmer. Eventually I did settle and spent some time reading, I have no idea why I had been feeling so anxious.

It was raining so I wasn't in a hurry to go out. Had a late lunch and after tidying the kitchen I was about to go out but when I went to put something in the bin there were some huge spots of rain so I decided to wait. Did some painting instead, it's still not coming out as I want. Put some washing in although I wouldn't be able to hang it outside to dry.

The rain had stopped so I went out, it was warmer than I thought it would be. Slight variation on my usual walk. Came home and made changes to upcoming Tesco order then copied some more diary entries into the document on my computer, it's up to date now. Was feeling unsettled and was going to put the TV on but cleaned the bathroom instead.

No gardening today as it was too wet, haven't done a lot really, will see what tomorrow brings.

Hope others have had a good day.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 6th September
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 20 23:53 BST (UK) »
Sorry you've had a rotten day Roobarb- not helped by wet weather... hope it'll be better tomorrow and you'll be able to get out for a walk and in your garden...

My day has been pretty dull really....
This morning I wasn't woken up by any sudden noises thankfully!
It was so nice to just turn the tap on in the kitchen without having to grovel under the sink finding the isolater valve!
Read the papers for a while...
OH in golf competition today so he left around 11.00...
it was a warm and mostly sunny day so decided I'd go for a walk round the village....and deliver this weeks lottery winnings too...
Don't think I've seen so many people over the whole of lockdown as I did this morning!
One friend on her way to London to return granddaughters hamster she'd been looking after for two weeks ... that turned in to six! She's going to hold the annual Macmillan coffee morning later this month in her garden....could be interesting with the weather...
Dropped off lottery money and had cup of coffee with recipient as they were sitting outside in the sunshine... nice to catch up and hear their news... trying to sell the house been in the village for 40 yrs and into their 80's now... he's loosing sight in one eye so they want to be somewhere with buses and some amenities... house needs quite a lot of modernising! Lovely place if a little sprawling..
Then met three other villagers stopped to chat... from a distance... by this time it clouded over so decided I'd head back home as only gone out in a cardi...
Had lunch...sat outside for a while as the sun was out again!
Having had frantic messages to and fro more face coverings needed! School children now need them... cut up last bit of fabric I've got and settled down to get them done for tomorrow.. so another 30 made to add to the rest...
I will one day get my 🌈 Scrubs made....
OH home... looked a bit glum, game of two halves apparently one better than the other.... left him to watch the golf on tv to see how it's played by the pros!...
our first Sunday roast for months... I'd bought a lovely piece of pork from the butchers, first of our leeks, runners, carrots, broad beans and stuffing..and new potatoes.... it crackled beautifully best we'd had for some time.... and a glass of wine of course..
Caught up with Antiques Roadshow
Had message from my friend who works at Gatwick as I'd called earlier... she was just off to bed going to call me after work tomorrow..
Daughter then messages with details of cottages... so we can go away with them over OH's big birthday... she informed me she would pay... very generous of her... anyway going to catch up in the morning to see what we can sort out... lots already booked up as it's around October half term...
Finished little blanket I've been knitting in pale yellow, thought I'd appliqués a butterfly on it...
And so to bed to read..
A pretty dull day really apart from chats with villagers!
Weather perking up from tomorrow so hope to get out in the garden...
Oh can hear the owls hooting as I'm writing this... love to hear them.

Take care all and hope you've had a better Sunday.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 20 02:59 BST (UK) »
Just couldn't go to sleep last night - no idea why, not anxious about anything, was just wide awake.   When I woke this morning had only had around 4 hours sleep and had a hovering headache.   Took some tablets but took ages to work and was feeling pretty washed out.   Cancelled my meeting with sister and friends at the garden centre.

Consequently, did nothing today.   Had hoped to do some more of tidying up the edges of car park but that was a no go.   Typically, it was a pretty nice day, mixture of sun/cloud and would have enjoyed being out there.  Sod's law!

Anyway, although I was inactive today it was purely because I was so tired.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 September 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hope you've both had a better day today  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 September 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
Quite a busy day for me, makes a change.
Emptied the utility room, cleaned windows and more importantly frames .
I made simple blinds before my machine  got choked up.
For the four windows.
Very lightweight so only needing small self adhesive hooks , but I cleaned off the sticky and used superglue , got “ stuck up!” a few times!
All in place and whilst I can see out, no one can see in.
More importantly the sun is so hot it could be dangerous so hopefully the blinds will help with that.
In for some better weather next week.,not a lot ,but some.
Now to clean the floor and get back, step ladders, ironing board, clothes airers, tool box, detergents etc, shoe rack for outdoor walking boots etc.
Ihave been meaning to put the blinds up for ages and ages.
Chatted with friend ,both fed up , but obeying all the rules.
Not too far away Bolton has the highest rate in the country , 121.per 1000.
A secondary school has sent pupils home after only a couple of days back.

I am disgusted that a mother has to pay legal fees because she contested the release of her daughter’s murderer who will not reveal where he buried the girl.
The youths who dragged the Police Constable behind their car got £450,00
legal aid!!!

Well continuous rain today, light but very wet!
Seemingly a hot week to come, good , more figs  may ripen on my little tree.
Sorry to read some have felt agitated, it is a horrible feeling .
I can’t drink strong coffee ,I feel really uneasy and well the only word is insecure .
So plus the fact it raises my heart rate alarmingly, I don’t drink it and I love good coffee.
Must buy a storage chest for my garden, to keep plant pots tidy, half used bags of soil , etc.
The shed is full to bursting.
A good big surface I can put a tray on for potting .
Not too low either.

Hope everyone has a good restful night and wakes easy in their mind tomorrow.
Thanks to all those plodding on and keeping things going , sewing and helping in many ways.
Cheerio.Viktoria.