Author Topic: Could Cathleen MOORE and Cathleen HUTCHISON, 1888 be the same people?  (Read 836 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Could Cathleen MOORE and Cathleen HUTCHISON, 1888 be the same people?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 12:00 BST (UK) »
At following link is the marriage record (image available) for Austina* SCHULER.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DRP3-ZR?i=475&cc=1307718

Looking at bride's signature her name certainly looks like "Austina" (and is also indexed as such).
Other records show "Anstina"  ??

William Blair HUTCHISON and Paulina Margaret Alma HUTCHISON both of Powell River, BC, are witnesses to the marriage.

~  Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 12:44 BST (UK) »
Children of Paulina SCHULER and William HUTCHISON  :

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FL1Z-LBF

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FL1D-GVS

Mmm ...is it just a coincidence that Paulina "married" a HUTCHISON ???
Cannot find births for any of her children ... and there doesn't appear to be a record of her marriage either.    Was this William HUTCHISON  a relative ??     And his "supposed father"  William Blair HUTCHISON - can't see a death record ?

Offline darianb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 14:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks, this is all very helpful. The possibility of fishy family relationships could make tracing my connection through DNA a bit complicated but I'll search for some descendants of the Schulers now that I know they went to Canada. The number of half siblings should hopefully mean that I can pinpoint exactly how I'm related to them. I'll post here once BDM gets back to me with an answer about what happened to Cathleen Moore's birth registration and depending on what they say, I'll buy Cathleen Hutchison's birth print out and perhaps Cathleen Moore's wedding print out.
With some luck, once I've solved this, I can then start to work out what happened to Fred Moore's father, the family brick wall!

Thanks again for all of your digging.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Darian

There is a "tree" at ancestry.com for Frederick William SCHULER (d. 1899) which appears to focus on Cathleen MOORE.    Not sure if it's of any help to you ?

~   Lu

Offline darianb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 23:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Darian

There is a "tree" at ancestry.com for Frederick William SCHULER (d. 1899) which appears to focus on Cathleen MOORE.    Not sure if it's of any help to you ?

~   Lu
Yes, I had seen a couple of them, one by my DNA connection. I suspect the owner saw Frederick as the father and decided it was Frederick Schuler rather than Frederick Moore. That is possible but that wouldn't explain her Moore surname nor my DNA connection to Cathleen's descendants.

Offline darianb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 16:00 BST (UK) »
As an answer to the original question that I posted, I've had a response from BDM NZ and they confirmed that the registration for Cathleen Moore's birth was replaced by the registration of Cathleen Hutchison, with her mother's surname. I haven't ordered the print out yet but with this information, DNA evidence, and the fact that Fred Moore and Margaret Hutchison were neighbours, I'm fairly sure that Cathleen's father was Frederick William Moore.

Since my last post, I believe I have found another child of Fred's to another woman but that still needs to be confirmed.

Thanks everyone for your help.