Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 8th September  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Tuesday 8th September
« on: Tuesday 08 September 20 22:17 BST (UK) »
Starting a bit earlier, maybe will get some more entries tonight. Still lots of people reading the diary entries, 193 so far have read Monday's. Perhaps we're not so boring as we think!

My Day:

Another day when I woke quite late. Late morning walk, it was a nice warm and bright day, usual walk around the field and woods.  Had texted my friend J to check if we were going for a walk tonight, hadn't had a reply yet but was assuming that we were.

Was waiting for a delivery from Amazon and following the tracking from when it told me that the driver was eight stops away, was waiting to get on with things. In the event he put the parcel through the letterbox. Had lunch then went out to cut the front lawn, spent a while doing that and tidying the borders. Postie arrived with my new paperback.

My nice neighbour came home while I was out there, had a chat with her. She's still furloughed and is naturally anxious about how things will be in the future.

Finished the front garden, went through to the back and did a bit more gardening. Had confirmation of our walk from my friend, we'd be going a little later than usual. Came in and had a cuppa then did some ironing. Went to meet my friend, it was still warm, quite windy. Enjoyed our walk down to the coast road and back through some woodland and allotments and across the field near me. Had been feeling quite agitated again today, felt much better after our walk.

Spag bol and a glass of wine, TV as usual. Have just got another two months free on Readly, the last free subscription ended the day before yesterday. I think they must be banking on me forgetting to cancel after the free period.

Hope it's been a better day for everyone and hope those in NZ and Oz have a good day.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 8th September
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 23:08 BST (UK) »
I see 629 people read Friday the 4th's Diary.
Well, yesterday (it's Wednesday here ) was a better day for me.
Had an early night on Monday so was up with the birds. 6.30 am I was awake. Tried to get an extra hours sleep, but that didn't work.
My niece got married in Australia last Friday so watched a video of her wedding. 
Put tomatoes out on the deck to harden off a bit before planting. 
Waited around all day waiting for confirmation of my appointment at the hospital on the 23rd. No phone call but have a form for a blood test to be done on the 21st. They are going to try and put stents in my left leg.
A bit worried about it because of Covid-19 but will be pleased when it is done and I will be able to walk further than my letterbox.
The temperature didn't get any higher than 14 with a cold wind.
Received 2 wills that I sent for last week. Didn't help as they left everything to their wife. They were due to be sent out on the 20th so that was quick.
Watched T.V and then to bed.

Stay safe
Carol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 September 20 23:43 BST (UK) »
Lovely to have those light mornings on the way Carol and everything that spring brings with it. Hope your stent op goes well, I think that hospitals are very safe now although I can understand that it's an anxious time for you.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 01:17 BST (UK) »
How nice Carol to watch your nieces wedding, at least then you don't feel you've missed out... you'll be coming in to spring soon while we're descending into autumn... our tomatoes plants are fruiting like mad so we've got them to enjoy for a while hopefully...
Hope you hear from the hospital soon and you can get your op over and done with... be thankful you'll not have to go into a UK hospital... sure yours are much safer!

Roobarb...good to hear your book arrived after you were wondering if it had gone missing! Glad to hear you enjoyed your walk and did lots of gardening... a busy day.

My day

It was quite cloudy when I got up but warm... got the girls coming to me for coffee this morning so after breakfast got things ready...
Had a quick call from daughter to discuss OH birthday plans ...messaged SiL to have chat later..
Had made a courgette cake which I took out of the freezer last night so just mixed the soft cheese with little icing sugar, lime juice and zest and spread it on the top...
Sunshine came out about 10 mins before they arrived and it was pleasantly warm to the extent oH put the umbrella up...
Just three of us today we had a good natter mainly about all theses people who are putting others at risk with their thoughtlessness!
It was bread making day today so OH busy doing that..
After the girls left spoke to SiL and messaged company with some questions we'd got... had quite prompt reply but felt quite unhappy with their answers... another chat with SiL then daughter... with all this talk on news today about rising numbers etc was beginning to feel quite nervous about planning for a months time ahead..SiL felt the same... OH not bothered about celebrating anyway! Felt bit deflated and sorry for daughter as it was her idea but think she was having second thoughts too... in the end we've decided to scrap the whole going away thing and have a rethink...
Lateish lunch... but lovely crusty bread, cheese, pickles, celery and sliced tomatoes... felt quite full up after that!
Decided needed to do some sewing to take my mind off all our rejected plans..
Daughter messaged again to say eldest grandson had a good idea for Grandpas birthday... I take him out on the Saturday morning, they come up from London decorate the house bring a cake they've baked, we come home ...bid surprise... he's such a sweet boy... it could work... just got to think of good excuse to get him out the house... tell all his golf pals to tell hi, they can't play that day... he's bound to suspect something's going on... will see how things are in a few weeks time!
Dinner was Spaghetti from the freezer as we'd got our monthly Zoom investment club meeting... none of us had much appetite for purchasing more shares but in the end we bought two ...
Quite worried as OH was having lots of strong irregular heart beats... far more than usual whilst just sitting doing nothing... went on for good couple of hours... extra tablet taken... hope he's going to phone the surgery in the am... been keeping a record over past month after discussion with our doc... see what happens next...
Watched couple episodes of The Crown then bed...
Hope he's able to sleep ok... keeping bedroom doors open just incase... trouble is once I'm asleep I'm asleep so could be fretful night...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 03:07 BST (UK) »
Good nights sleep - woke to a mixture of cloud/sunshine but with blue sky in the background and this went on all day.   Much warmer too which was nice.

Decided to pick up where I'd left off in trimming back round the edge of the car park.   This section was much harder and took longer - was outside from 2.30 until 7pm.   Next step is to do either side of the driveway into the car park (making sure I don't get run over).   Was exhausted by the time I finished and sat for a while and then remembered I'd got to empty the container with all the bits I'd cut into the brown bin.   Was heavier than I expected.

Corned beef hash tonight followed by tiramisu and glass of rose.

Usual evening activities and now to bed.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 03:32 BST (UK) »
Just reading one of our newspapers online.
Heading; England bans gatherings of more than 6 as virus cases spike.
They are putting most of the blame on party going young Adults not social distancing.
Hope everyone stays safe.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 09:53 BST (UK) »
Caroline, trust all is well and you had a peaceful night.... Why not just inform golfing group they must play on Saturday morning at whatever time, and delay OH until time specified?

Carol the marvellous thing about stents is there is barely a wound made.... I can hardly find mine from last year, so I am sure all will be well.

Ref new guidelines on gatherings.... not happening until next Monday. Why?  Could it be anything to do with the St Ledger race meeting today?

How wonderful to see sandpipers running around the beach Roodbarb.

Have a good day ALL.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 10:17 BST (UK) »
Caroline, I too hope all is well with your OH  and he has checked with doctor. What a shame about the birthday plans but no point in going somewhere you don't feel comfortable. Good plan B by your grandson!

Annette, such a lot of work you've done, hope it hasn't had any ill effects.

Carol - yes, worrying news, the figures do show that the new infections are primarily amongst the younger generation.

Mowsehowse, nice to hear from you, hope you have a good day too.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 12:28 BST (UK) »
Mowsehowse- yes that's a good suggestion although a round of golf does tire him out and he likes to be able to relax for a while when he gets home so having the family here wouldn't allow him that! Lovely to see you back commenting... you're missed with all your views of the nature you see.

Annette- my youve had a very busy day.... not sure I could be out in the garden for the length of time you managed... good for you but hope you don't suffer today!

Roobarb - thanks for your concern, he seems ok today if a little tired... still waiting to see if he contacts the docs....
yes, it's a pity about the cottage but think grandsons plan B sounds fun and they'll enjoy doing it... hopefully depending on what happens over these next few weeks!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK