Author Topic: Rule of Six  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Rule of Six
« on: Thursday 10 September 20 18:39 BST (UK) »
If I have understood this correctly:

1.  I work with eight other people in my office but this is OK as work is exempt from the rule of six.  If we wanted to celebrate one of these people's birthdays we couldn't do it at the pub or at someone's house but could we have a party at the office?

2.  I could finish work and play an organised sport with this same group of eight people but we couldn't go to the pub afterwards and have a celebratory drink. 

3.  What happens if you have seven people living in one house?

4.  Will there have to be decisions at Christmas regarding who doesn't get invited to Christmas Dinner amongst your family?

5.  How will Christmas parties work?  Will there be a shift system?

6.  Will shops and supermarkets now only allow six people in at once?

Rishile

Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rule of Six
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 September 20 20:08 BST (UK) »
If I have understood this correctly:

1.  I work with eight other people in my office but this is OK as work is exempt from the rule of six.  If we wanted to celebrate one of these people's birthdays we couldn't do it at the pub or at someone's house but could we have a party at the office?

No

2.  I could finish work and play an organised sport with this same group of eight people but we couldn't go to the pub afterwards and have a celebratory drink.

Correct

That depends what you mean. Are they one family?
Do they share facilities? In other words unless you all live together (or are in the same support bubble) it breaks the law.

4.  Will there have to be decisions at Christmas regarding who doesn't get invited to Christmas Dinner amongst your family?

If you wish to invite members of your family who do not live with you yes.

5.  How will Christmas parties work?  Will there be a shift system?

No just keep the numbers to 6 or less and you cannot meet people from more than 4 households per day

6.  Will shops and supermarkets now only allow six people in at once?

Rishile

No they are already covered by different legislation regarding social distancing

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:01 BST (UK) »
"Coronavirus (Covid-19): latest information and advice" on HSE website. Links to 4 government websites for UK. https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/index.htm
Scotland and NI intending to impose restrictions.
Cowban

guest189040

« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:09 BST (UK) »
I would not get your knickers in a twist about Christmas and Office Parties.

The Rules will go though many more iterations between now and Christmas.

To make matters worst some big overweight guy will more than likely break whatever rules are in place by visiting every dwelling on the planet in one night unless of course exemptions are in place.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:16 BST (UK) »
I would not get your knickers in a twist about Christmas and Office Parties.

To make matters worst some big overweight guy will more than likely break whatever rules are in place by visiting every dwelling on the planet in one night unless of course exemptions are in place.

No mince pies or carrots to be left out - just hand sanitizer and  wipes for the sleigh.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:20 BST (UK) »

You forgot to include the word "elderly" in the guy's description.
He'll be able to claim exemption because house visits are essential to his work. Plus occupants are small humans. The big man may be required to visit by appointment so that an adult can do necessary pre & post disinfecting. Alternatively the big man could deliver by drone.
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:26 BST (UK) »
No mince pies or carrots to be left out - just hand sanitizer and  wipes for the sleigh.

His sack will be full of used wipes by the time he arrives home. Have studies been done on incidence of C-19 in deer? Just heard that vaccine development for coronavirus in cats has so far been disappointing. 
Cowban

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:35 BST (UK) »
How many people have noticed that protests and political activities are exempt from the rule of six as long as they have Covid risk assessments in place? (Wonder who'll be checking those? When I took school groups abroad I completed detailed risk assessments for them simply to be filed & forgotten at County Hall  ::) )

I think I'm going to form a new activist group round about, er, 25 December, and ask all my family, friends, neighbours to join me. I'm sure we'll be able to think of something to protest about. We might get a bit chilly in the marquee but I'm sure we'll manage especially if some of us make speeches - plenty of hot air there.  ;D
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:38 BST (UK) »

That depends what you mean. Are they one family?
Do they share facilities? In other words unless you all live together (or are in the same support bubble) it breaks the law.

If they share facilities and live as 1 household then they are 1 household. You don't have to exile members to a garage or garden shed.
Unless you're Judy Murray, famous tennis mum. She made a video in March about convincing son no.3, (who as far as I know doesn't exist) that government regulations made it necessary for him to live in the loft for 18 months.
Cowban