Author Topic: Rule of Six  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rule of Six
« Reply #27 on: Friday 11 September 20 19:25 BST (UK) »
Rishile reply #25. St. Nicholas will visit 1 continent per year. Apologies for any disappointment. Substitute Santas are on furlough. Many are in an "at risk" group.

I did wonder if Santa would be working at home this year  ;D

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 September 20 20:18 BST (UK) »
Just found this from May ...
Demand for doomsday bunkers is at an all-time high

Reminds me of the song by ...
The Jam Going Underground   ;D  ;D

Mark

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 11 September 20 21:16 BST (UK) »
We've just been asked by my son's school to be careful to keep apart when picking up the children in order to comply with the 'groups of six' rule. The problem with that is there isn't enough room for all the parents to do that. I feel that a lot of pressure is being put on schools to achieve something that they can't possibly achieve.
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 12 September 20 00:22 BST (UK) »
Rishile reply #25. St. Nicholas will visit 1 continent per year. Apologies for any disappointment. Substitute Santas are on furlough. Many are in an "at risk" group.

Rishile
Stop press. Possible alternative Christmas arrangement for Australasia. A leak from a well-placed source suggests that Father Christmas is considering cancelling his usual summer holiday cruise. He  may instead use the time to provide a special delivery service to Australasia if the continent moves Christmastide to June. 
Cowban

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 12 September 20 08:08 BST (UK) »

Rishile

No Santa and his elves have been in quarantine since April in their own bubble, Santa has his own custom made face mask and his sleigh has been fitted with hand sanitiser  and an automatic decontamination capsule in place of the driving seat.
There was a discussion about whether his reindeer would have to comply with the rule of six but as they are in a work environment they will be exempt.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 12 September 20 08:21 BST (UK) »

Rishile

No Santa and his elves have been in quarantine since April in their own bubble, Santa has his own custom made face mask and his sleigh has been fitted with hand sanitiser  and an automatic decontamination capsule in place of the driving seat.
There was a discussion about whether his reindeer would have to comply with the rule of six but as they are in a work environment they will be exempt.
Cheers
Guy

I have to admit to a sleepless night worrying about the reindeer.  They would have had to be in two teams of three and no leader to guide them.  Rudolph would have been made redundant.  That really would have been the last straw.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Online Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 12 September 20 14:19 BST (UK) »
  If Australasia moves Christmas to June, it will be in the winter, where it properly belongs!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 12 September 20 18:40 BST (UK) »
I have to admit to a sleepless night worrying about the reindeer.  They would have had to be in two teams of three and no leader to guide them.  Rudolph would have been made redundant.  That really would have been the last straw.

It might have literally been the last straw. Hay and straw might be in short supply this winter and expensive after topsy-turvy seasons, spring drought, wet & windy summer.
May be no hay for crib mangers. Maximum number of shepherds allowed to visit at a time will be 3; or 4 in Scotland. Quarantine guidelines complicate timing for the Three Wise Men. The star and the Holy Family may have left Bethlehem before the foreign gentlemen arrive. 
Cowban

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 12 September 20 21:35 BST (UK) »
Here in Wales, if they were to congregate outdoors, up to thirty would be able to attend. Consequently the shepherds, the wise men and, of course, the Holy Family could all be accommodated in one group. Result.
 :)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".