Author Topic: Rule of Six  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rule of Six
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 September 20 21:43 BST (UK) »
I think I'm going to form a new activist group round about, er, 25 December, and ask all my family, friends, neighbours to join me. I'm sure we'll be able to think of something to protest about. We might get a bit chilly in the marquee but I'm sure we'll manage especially if some of us make speeches - plenty of hot air there.  ;D

As long as you don't start singing. Anyone who feels the desire to sing will have to exit marquee and sing outside at a safe distance. "Silent Night" would be an appropriate choice.
Cowban

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 September 20 22:09 BST (UK) »
The Scottish Government update today and the new guidelines are now no more than 6 people from 2 different households either in your home/garden/pub or restaurant.

We had 8 people from 3 different households at our home on Sunday for our Anniversary (within the then guidelines) It was not a raucous drink fuelled "rave" just a quiet family celebration with wipes, hand sanitiser and social distancing. This was the first time we had all been together in the one place for 6 months. For my husband's birthday next Saturday we will have to cut the numbers to comply with the new guidelines. Looks like he will have to celebrate his birthday on 2 different days to comply and accommodate our children and grandchildren.

I am very disappointed to say the least but I know that all 4 of the UK governments are trying their best to keep us safe and kick start the economy but it is becoming a full time job keeping up with it all.

As for Christmas and Santa I am not even thinking that far ahead at the moment as my head hurts.

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 September 20 22:28 BST (UK) »
Children under the age of 12 are not to be included in the Six in Scotland. A gathering in Scotland can be 6 people over the age of 12 + unspecified number of children under 12. A six year-old child is not in the Six in Scotland. "Now We Are Six". Christopher Robin will explain it to Pooh.
Cowban

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 September 20 22:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you Maiden Stone for expanding on my post.

When I mentioned grandchildren ours are 18 and 15 so are "counted" in the Six.

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

guest189040

« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 September 20 23:24 BST (UK) »
Our 10 year old Grandson is in a class bubble and at school they have systems in place to comply with the Covid rules.

Yet once out if the school gates he can go to Football practice and get close to Boys from all over the Town which just happens to have one if the Countries highest Covid rates.

Then on Sunday morning he has the competitive Football match where they play a team from yes, another Town with a very high Covid infection rate.

The rules make zero sense.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 September 20 04:17 BST (UK) »
Children under the age of 12 are not to be included in the Six in Scotland. A gathering in Scotland can be 6 people over the age of 12 + unspecified number of children under 12.

The Secret Seven will need to move to Scotland if they want to continue their meetings. Plenty of bothies for them to meet in. Alternatively they could stay in England and meet in secret.
Famous Five would be advised to remain on the island where they've been since Easter hols when lockdown began. They have been safe there as the only other occupants are puffins and seals. Although they may not be the Famous Five anymore. They might have eaten Timmy the dog (in a ginger beer marinade) when they ran out of food or he may have eaten them.  :o
Cowban

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 September 20 08:32 BST (UK) »
I fear that Santa's biggest problem will be self-isolating when he arrives in the UK.  Will he leave the UK to last or maybe come early then travel to all the other countries?  Interesting thought.

The main point I was trying to make was that although rules, generally, are good, they become farcical when exemptions are made.  This is the big problem.  You can do this if you are in the office, but you can't when you are in the pub.  You can see your family of seven if you all work together (there's a thought) but you can't have Christmas dinner together.  I had already thought about the protest issue.  I foresee a lot of protests in the next few weeks - mostly people eating birthday cake etc.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 11 September 20 08:45 BST (UK) »
@ Maiden Stone, meetings in bothies in Scotland are off the menu, the Mountain Bothies Ass' has closed theirs for the for-seeable future. Traditionally, a bothy is never full & turning over during the night can mean everybody in the room turns over, hence the prohibition. Bring a tent!  ;D

Bests,
Skoosh.

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 11 September 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
Children under the age of 12 are not to be included in the Six in Scotland. A gathering in Scotland can be 6 people over the age of 12 + unspecified number of children under 12. A six year-old child is not in the Six in Scotland.

Not sure this is quite how it goes.  Agreed children under 12 are not counted as part of the 6 but as I understand it they must still all only come from the same 2 households as the 6 adults.  This is why younger children's birthday parties will be illegal.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire