Author Topic: Rule of Six  (Read 3655 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Rule of Six
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 08:03 BST (UK) »

I am sorry that you consider the IoM's approach to be exemplary - imprisoning people for trying to live their lives as best they can doesn't seem to me to be in any way appropriate in a (supposedly) free society.

I am sorry you feel that imprisonment for breaking a law, after signing an agreement, is wrong.
Happened again in the last week: Chap visited his parents in Bulgaria; came back to IoM; went back to work as a delivery driver after just a few days self-isolation.

Result: 8 weeks jail; and all people who he delivered to now have to self-isolate and have tests taken, as well as staff at the restaurant where he worked.

Self-isolation is taken very seriously over here.

Ah, despite a strict regime of discipline and observance, you are forgetting, the Manx people currently do have the freedom to go to the Theatre, a Concert and go about their daily lives.

We don't have that on the UK mainland yet!

There are advantages to observing the Rule of Law and trying to make the best of it.

Mark

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 09:18 BST (UK) »
"needless distress"

Dunno, but I find frequent hand washing, distancing and a mask a lot less stressful than the prospect of disease, hospitalization and death.  But that's just me.  [Oh, and for what it's worth,  I was brought up to question and analyze].

Me too, I also find hand washing distancing and mask wearing preferable to a few weeks of acute illness followed by months (at least) of chronic illness.

Other than taking my girls to school I have been pretty much living as if we were still in lockdown.  People have proven that they cannot isolate even when ill.  For example kid sent home from school with temp of 39.5C, mum dosed her with paracetamol and sent her out to go and knock my door to see if she could come and play with my daughter.  Add in those who've accused me of being lazy and doing nothing during lockdown and even accusations of murder and fraud.  I have no desire to mix with any of them ever again. They have made it clear what they think of me, and that they regard me with contempt so I'll stick to my own company.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 09:26 BST (UK) »
People are so nasty at times when we need peace and quiet to do what we have to do

Certainly stick to your own kith and kin

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 09:43 BST (UK) »
"The Four Freedoms!" articulated by Franklin D Roosevelt did not mention going to a theatre on the Isle of Man!  ;D

Skoosh.

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 15:34 BST (UK) »
"accused me of being lazy and doing nothing during lockdown and even accusations of murder and fraud"

You never fail to mention this sort of thing.  What is it about you that triggers this constant barrage of demeaning remarks?
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 15:51 BST (UK) »
"accused me of being lazy and doing nothing during lockdown and even accusations of murder and fraud"

You never fail to mention this sort of thing.  What is it about you that triggers this constant barrage of demeaning remarks?

You tell me, you appear to delight in it.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 16:26 BST (UK) »

You tell me, you appear to delight in it.

I have to jump to Erato's defence here.  None of us would know anything about these derogatory remarks except that you are always telling us - so rather think the boot may be on the other foot and you delight in recounting them.

It does seem rather absurb that people accuse you of murder!

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire