Author Topic: St Johns Devonport Marriage SWEET & COOPER also birth of Marjorie Bessie SWEET  (Read 495 times)

Offline youngjayne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Always searching!
    • View Profile
Hi

I've found a transcript of a marriage that took place at St Johns, Devonport on 3rd August 1935 between Marjorie Bessie Sweet and Ronald James Cooper, If anyone has access to original would love to have information on who Marjories father is.   

I have been unable to find a birth entry on GRO for Marjorie Bessie Sweet,  I believe that she would have been born in the Devonport/Plymouth area, and I believe that her father is William Edward Sweet and mother Mary Jane Sarah Sweet (Maiden name McGee) but need to confirm this.

On the 1939 Register I have found Marjorie Bessie Cooper DOB 13.04.1916 and Ronald James Cooper DOB 05.04.1913 living in Plymouth, Devon

Any help greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Jayne

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Johns Devonport Marriage SWEET & COOPER also birth of Marjorie Bessie SWEET
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 September 20 16:19 BST (UK) »
Is your belief in Edward/Mcgee as possible parents based on the marriage cert. of William Edward Sweet and Mary Jane Sarah Mcgee, Devonport on 23 Dec 1911 (FindMyPast) and the birth registration of Clarence W E Sweet, Dec Qtr 1912, Devonport, 5b  52 - mother's maiden name Mcgee?

Offline youngjayne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Always searching!
    • View Profile
Re: St Johns Devonport Marriage SWEET & COOPER also birth of Marjorie Bessie SWEET
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 September 20 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hanes Teulu

Yes it is, Clarence was a cousin of my late mother-in-law, she also had another cousin Marjorie the lady I am trying to prove the parentage of.

Kind regards
Jayne

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 September 20 16:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for confirming - Marjorie Bessie ? proving a lot more elusive.

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 September 20 17:09 BST (UK) »
Marjorie Bessie Sweet 13 April 1916 Bridgend Rosskeen ( 081/29 )

father William Edward Sweet skilled labourer
mother Mary Jane Sarah Sweet , maiden surname McGee

Image is available on ScotlandsPeople
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline youngjayne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Always searching!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 September 20 18:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Christine for your help in locating Marjories birth, you've proved the link I needed to prove her parents.

It never crossed my mind to look for her birth in Scotland!

Thanks again for your help.

Jayne