Author Topic: Where Was He From ?  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where Was He From ?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave
Thank you for that info I did have the one of how many pigs and so forth that Hubert had and also it shows there were no more Bug/Buch living there but it did show a few of Gertrude Richerdt's family.
Have seen church records of both places you mentioned but nothing there.
Appreciate yourself and Karen's Help.

Colin 

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen& Dave
Here is the copy of church records of Hubert and Gertrude's marriage 7th August 1690 at Hallgarten also entry underneath is Gertrude's Brother Gilbert Reichardt 20th November 1690.
Could you verify if it says that Christina is the mother of Hubert?
I hi lighted one of the copies hoping It would be easier to see what town they came from.
I don't expect any results because of the condition of the film but I thank you for trying.

Colin   

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin,

Did you mean to upload 2 files? I can only see one small one, with 2 lines of writing (and very difficult to read  :( ).

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 September 20 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen
My son had so much trouble with the attachments that he was continually down sizing to get some of the information through as the site would not let him put through more than 500 KG which was ridiculous and so I told him half a line was better than nothing.The end which was hi lighted was i believe the name of the town i was trying to find but as you said could not read it
Thank you but need to see actual church book from Hallgarten and that's not going to happen.

Karen you said their was two lines did the left hand side of the bottom line have the name Christina? or maybe the words on the bottom line were saying that she was the daughter of Wilhelm and Anna and i also think there is Latin and German in these entries?

Colin   

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 September 20 09:22 BST (UK) »
Colin

assuming you cropped off the Hubertus on the left it reads:

Hubertus, Nicolai Buch sutoris et incol(is) zu Ober..1
et Gertrudis, Wilhelmi Reichardt zu...2

Hubertus, Nicolai Buch, shoe maker and resident in Ober.......
and Gertrudis, Wilhelmi Reichardt from ….......

1 Ober Walluf or Ober Gladbach.
2 Hallgarten

Hubertus was the son of Nicolai
Gertrudis was the daughter of Wilhelmi

mothers were not often mentioned in those days

Dave

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 17 September 20 11:13 BST (UK) »
I had even written away to Bischofliches Ordinariat Limburg but all i got back was the information that I had already given them.

Hi Colin,

The church in Hallgarten was unable to help me - their records don't go back that far.

So I contacted Limburg. The lady there that you have to pay for their research time. Did you do that when you contacted them?

One search hour costs €32 and one document copy costs €2.50. If you don't need copies, they can just send you the information that they find. The waiting time is currently about 12 weeks. Once the research has been completed, you will receive an invoice (for this they need an address) and after receipt of the money, they will send the documents.

Please let me know if you want to do this, and I'll help you with the letter.

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 18 September 20 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave
Thank you for new info which i did not have and that was Nicholai being a shoemaker and also i went over my church films which i had ordered and thinking it was Obergladbach which i had seen it turns out to be Oberdiebuch, now i can turn to the two places you have given me and see if i can come up with anything.
Thanks heaps Dave.
 colin

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 18 September 20 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen
Thank you for doing that for me but way back to 24/9/1901 i received a invoice for 92/50 Deutsche Marks and i did manage to decipher a very small amount of information saying that through the church book Archives oneself he is not possible.
I think i will now have to see what help i can get from these two places that Dave has given me especially since i now now about Nicholai  being a shoemaker.
Both yourself and Dave have really gone out of your way to help me, appreciate it

Will decline on your offer thank you.

Colin   

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 18 September 20 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin,

it turns out to be Oberdiebuch

I think that should be Oberdiebach. Another tiddly little place. But pretty.  :) I don't know how the borders were back then, but it is just into Rheinland-Pfalz now, not Hessen.

If you need any more help, just say the word.

All the best,
Karen