Author Topic: Where Was He From ?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where Was He From ?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 September 20 05:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen
Thanks for your help my only option now would be to order Church films from the Latter Day Saints on the two places that Dave had mentioned but with this COVID -19 the risk at this time for me is extremely very high.
Tried Ancestry but not a thing, Find My Past was much better for German Records but what i miss is the Latter Day Saints site FamilySearch.org.au  but it is now off line i could get all these smaller German towns which was very handy and cost nothing not always reliable though.
Patients is the word i believe.

Thanks for your offer.

Colin

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 19 September 20 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin

Genealogy.net has Hubert from Hallgarten, researched by someone from Koeln.

https://gedbas.genealogy.net/person/show/1130704880

Familienbuch from Oberdiebach 1637-1875 can be down loaded for free, but you have to  register and give your credit card.

http://search-book-forum.icu/transl/?keyword=Familienbuch+von+Oberdiebach%2C+1637-1875&source=chiodebocca.ddns.info&sub=download_de_book

Regards Peonie

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 19 September 20 09:59 BST (UK) »
Genealogy.net has Hubert from Hallgarten, researched by someone from Koeln.

https://gedbas.genealogy.net/person/show/1130704880
GEDBAS is a project where researchers can upload their GEDCOM files and contact others.
There is another contributor there (also with contact-address), who specifically names "Nikolaus BUCH" and "Christina"
as Hubert's parents. Maybe he knows more ??
http://gedbas.genealogy.net/person/show/1204200426

Regards,
Bob

ps. It's a german site; it may come up in english with an english-language operating system, but if not:
 - on the left of the page, in the box "Funktionen" you can change the language to englisch "Sprache wählen", the home page will then come up again.
- enter 'Buch', 'Hubert' and 'Hallgarten' in the search box.
- the link I gave above is the third one (dob: 1662) and in the "Notes to this person", the submitter seems to have copied ('Quelle' = source) something from "Weingut Kurt Bug" !!
Maybe that was from the firm's promotional material ? ("Weingut" = Vineyard, Vinery)

Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 September 20 10:23 BST (UK) »
p.p.s.
@ Karen
I just noticed, on re-reading, that in my ps, I wrote
"it may come up in english with an english-language operating system,..." and then in the next line ".. change the language to englisch .."

I think we've had this conversation before, about living so long in Germany, that we write some things automatically with german spelling   ;D ::)

Grüße aus Berlin,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 20 September 20 00:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
So many people trying to solve my problem i thank each and everyone of you.
The internet sites on those Family Trees in Germany, yes i discovered them years ago and i believe they may have been down loaded from my Family Tree which i had given to a distant cousin from another line.as i had stated before Nicholus wife was Christina but not sure, both those sites also have Christina as the wife ??
Appreciate all this help and advice and will see what i can come up with.

Regards Colin

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 20 September 20 13:01 BST (UK) »
p.p.s.
@ Karen
I just noticed, on re-reading, that in my ps, I wrote
"it may come up in english with an english-language operating system,..." and then in the next line ".. change the language to englisch .."

I think we've had this conversation before, about living so long in Germany, that we write some things automatically with german spelling   ;D ::)

Grüße aus Berlin,
Bob

Oh, yes indeed.  ;D I've been here so long that I didn't even register that you had written englisch:D

All the best,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 24 September 20 16:17 BST (UK) »
Colin

do you know these links on Hubert Bug

https://gedbas.genealogy.net/person/show/1204200426
In 1701 he owned 1 ox, 3 cows, 6 pigs, paid 2 guilders 16 Kreutz tax
In the 17th century the Bug winery was opposite the Hallgarten church, at the beginning of today's Taunusstrasse. According to the entry in the stock book from 1692, Hubert Bug was able to acquire the building mentioned. Originally it was the "dwelling" of the Elector of Trier and Palatinate Baron von Leyen, who owned land here, leased it out and paid a tenth of fruit, wine and hay for it, i.e. 10% of the annual income
In 1699 Hubert Bug had stored 2 pieces (2400 L) and 2 Ohm (300 L) wine. He worked vineyards in the Hasenlauf, Sand, Hendelberg, Wolfes, Hattenheimer Weg, Letten, Brückenfeld and Tieß locations.
Source: Kurt Bug winery

http://www.familie-pinkernell.de/webtrees/index.php?route=%2Fwebtrees%2Ftree%2Ftree1%2Findividual%2FI1004%2FHubert-Buch

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 25 September 20 02:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave
Good to hear from you.
Thanks for all your time and info but yes i do have the entire background there,most of it came from Kurt Bug's winery advert from Hallgarten.
I believe Hubert Bug was a Baker before he took on Winery.
I tried to contact Kurt Bug through Facebook by leaving a message but no reply I'm sure he would not be able to give me the information i require on Hubert Bug's place of birth otherwise he would have mentioned it in what he had written
I also found this Weingut Bug Mill goes back to 1393 which was taken over by Wendal Bug in 1818 and apparently sold in 1970 but still retains that name.

My background is 99% English and 1% German but it was my Great Grandparents who came to Australia in 1852 who started me to do researching which i have never looked back on, still not sure if the original spelling was Bug Bugg Buch Book Nose and also i believe there are other spellings maybe this is why i cannot locate Hubert Bug or maybe he has a first name like Johann placed before Hubert ?
I am now rambling on will quit while i am ahead.

Thanks Dave.