Author Topic: Ship "British Trident" 1855 arrival Melbourne  (Read 219 times)

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ship "British Trident" 1855 arrival Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 September 20 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Morris Walsh, who did he Marry?
Maggsie

Offline Vabre

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ship "British Trident" 1855 arrival Melbourne
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 08:37 BST (UK) »
I would like to thank Jamjar, JM, Rosball and Maggsie for all their help and time they have given to me on this subject. I have been trying to trace the townland from where Paul O'Halloran came from in Limerick. His father was John O'Halloran who married a Catherine O'Brien. There were to the best of my knowledge three girls and one son being Paul. The girls immigrated to Australia one year before Paul. The shipping documents state that the girls were farm servants and Paul was shown as a farmer. He travelled with John Boyle and Morris Welch (Walsh).  His father John O'Halloran was a corn and butter dealer and died in 1837. In spite of 20 years searching I stilll cannot find where they came from in Limerick. The three girls were baptised at St. Michaels Limerick whilst Paul was baptised at St. John's in Limerick.
The closest I can ascertain is that their mother Catherine O'Halloran (nee O'Brien) may have lived in Shanaclough in the parish of Crecora with a Mrs Purcell. Griffiths show them both together as Mrs which indicates that both ladies were widows. Mrs Purcell may have been a sister of Paul's mother Catherine.
Perhaps I will never know ??? 
Once again thank you all for the time you have given to helpe.

John
O'Halloran, O'Brien - Limerick. Ireland
Dower - Co.Waterford. Ireland
Dodd - Co.Kildare. Ireland
Cotter - Co.Cork. Ireland
French, Sussex. U.K.
Pinning (Penning) - Lincolnshire. U.K.
Heath - Devon. U.K.
Bennett- Staffordshire. U.K.
Dodge - Kent. U.K
Coffey - Co.Cork, Ireland.
Connolly- Co. Dublin, Ireland