Author Topic: Help Needed with Marriage Please - 1627 Birstall Yorkshire  (Read 574 times)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed with Marriage Please - 1627 Birstall Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 12:36 BST (UK) »
Biggles - how amazing that you and your wife share a DNA match.

I have just checked back on my Townends - Birstall and ended up in Liversedge. Funnily enough my earliest Townend (John b about 1713) -- married an Anne Preston.

This fits into the original theme of Rochdalians query - where 2 Lancashire town surnames married in Birstall (Lancaster and Blackburn). So I have another person with a Lancashire town surname (Preston) -- living in that area! There must have been a horse and coach trip over the Pennines!
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

guest189040

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 15:33 BST (UK) »
Biggles - how amazing that you and your wife share a DNA match.

I have just checked back on my Townends - Birstall and ended up in Liversedge. Funnily enough my earliest Townend (John b about 1713) -- married an Anne Preston.

This fits into the original theme of Rochdalians query - where 2 Lancashire town surnames married in Birstall (Lancaster and Blackburn). So I have another person with a Lancashire town surname (Preston) -- living in that area! There must have been a horse and coach trip over the Pennines!

Finding the shared DNA match with my Wife was surreal, I clicked on DNA and it showed photo images of eight matches to my Wife, I then clicked to change the DNA matches to me and one of the images stayed the same.

My Wife has town/village names, Osbaldeston, Houghton, Radcliffe, Mellor, Preston, Astley, and one local to Rochdale namely Bamforth in her tree.

Whilst I have Broughton and Heysham.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 16:18 BST (UK) »
I wonder if that's some sort of record for the number of obvious place names in someone's ancestry!

Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

guest189040

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
I wonder if that's some sort of record for the number of obvious place names in someone's ancestry!

It is sort of sad that I remembered those names without having to look them up.