Author Topic: Help Needed with Marriage Please - 1627 Birstall Yorkshire  (Read 395 times)

Online Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed with Marriage Please - 1627 Birstall Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 12:36 BST (UK) »
Biggles - how amazing that you and your wife share a DNA match.

I have just checked back on my Townends - Birstall and ended up in Liversedge. Funnily enough my earliest Townend (John b about 1713) -- married an Anne Preston.

This fits into the original theme of Rochdalians query - where 2 Lancashire town surnames married in Birstall (Lancaster and Blackburn). So I have another person with a Lancashire town surname (Preston) -- living in that area! There must have been a horse and coach trip over the Pennines!
West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Ireland ------Cleary, Whelan - Nenagh.
Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 15:33 BST (UK) »
Biggles - how amazing that you and your wife share a DNA match.

I have just checked back on my Townends - Birstall and ended up in Liversedge. Funnily enough my earliest Townend (John b about 1713) -- married an Anne Preston.

This fits into the original theme of Rochdalians query - where 2 Lancashire town surnames married in Birstall (Lancaster and Blackburn). So I have another person with a Lancashire town surname (Preston) -- living in that area! There must have been a horse and coach trip over the Pennines!

Finding the shared DNA match with my Wife was surreal, I clicked on DNA and it showed photo images of eight matches to my Wife, I then clicked to change the DNA matches to me and one of the images stayed the same.

My Wife has town/village names, Osbaldeston, Houghton, Radcliffe, Mellor, Preston, Astley, and one local to Rochdale namely Bamforth in her tree.

Whilst I have Broughton and Heysham.
Col
Lancashire:-Lamb, Gorst, Hardman, Threlfall, Lawson
Westmoreland/Cumberland:-Bush, Strickland, Chamber(s), Hedwen/Hadwin, Carleton
Monmouthshire:-Evans, Jones
Yorkshire:-Collins, Thompson, Darnborough, Drummer, Raistrick, Ewbank, Holdsworth, Clark
Herefordshire:-Ruck, Williams, Jones, Meadmore, Goode, Berrington.
Cheshire:-Ainsworth, Hayes, Norcot, Lowe, Duncalf, Lightfoot, Percival, Newton.
Ireland:-Brazell, Curwen/Curren/Curran/Corn
Canada:-Thompson, Sanderson, Hysop, Beaton, Staniforth

Online Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 16:18 BST (UK) »
I wonder if that's some sort of record for the number of obvious place names in someone's ancestry!

West Yorks; ---- Illingworth, Marshall, Muffit/Muffett/Murfitt, Barber, Sanderson, Townend, Barraclough, Lister -- and lots more. Locations mainly in Birstall parish - Hartshead-- Drighlington --Adwalton --Mirfield - Heckmondwike --Kippax - Sherburn in Elmet.

Ireland ------Cleary, Whelan - Nenagh.
Dowling - Monasterevin
Daly - Westmeath

Lancashire ---- Smith from Alston , Johnson and Fairclough---- Tarleton and loads more from Tarleton and Accrington areas.

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 16:21 BST (UK) »
I wonder if that's some sort of record for the number of obvious place names in someone's ancestry!

It is sort of sad that I remembered those names without having to look them up.
Col
Lancashire:-Lamb, Gorst, Hardman, Threlfall, Lawson
Westmoreland/Cumberland:-Bush, Strickland, Chamber(s), Hedwen/Hadwin, Carleton
Monmouthshire:-Evans, Jones
Yorkshire:-Collins, Thompson, Darnborough, Drummer, Raistrick, Ewbank, Holdsworth, Clark
Herefordshire:-Ruck, Williams, Jones, Meadmore, Goode, Berrington.
Cheshire:-Ainsworth, Hayes, Norcot, Lowe, Duncalf, Lightfoot, Percival, Newton.
Ireland:-Brazell, Curwen/Curren/Curran/Corn
Canada:-Thompson, Sanderson, Hysop, Beaton, Staniforth