Author Topic: Help with the Hulls after 1851  (Read 433 times)

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
Help with the Hulls after 1851
« on: Monday 14 September 20 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm struggling to find the following family after the 1851 census, can anyone see them anywhere?

Details are - John Hull b.1826 - a potter - 1851 says born Atherstone (?) Warwickshire. Wife Emma b.1822 in Staffordshire (possibly Dudley). This census sees them at Bucks Row in Measham with sons Thomas aged 7 (b.Swadlincote) and baby son John, 9 days old.

Piece:2084  Folio:565  Page Number:18

I've found a death entry for baby John later on in 1851 but cannot see any deaths/remarriages for the parents nor anything for son Thomas. I also cant find them in 1861.

Emma has also been listed as Amey on some sources (the marriage entry in 1841 and son Thomas' baptism).
Emma was a Buckley before marriage. I've found her Dad in 1861 - he is a few doors up to where they were in 1851.

Can anyone see them?  :)
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the Hulls after 1851
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 September 20 22:48 BST (UK) »
I can't see any other Hull/Buckley marriages listed on freeBMD until 1868, so it might be worth looking in the W Midlands in 1861, as there was the birth of a Benjamin Hull mmn Buckley regd.in West Bromwich in 1862. It looks as though Benjamin died in the same quarter, and on the same page of the register there's the death of Emma Hull age 43.
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 September 20 23:03 BST (UK) »
Btw John's age in the 1851 census says 35, so that would give his yob as 1816, not 1826.

It looks as though Thomas may have been enumerated twice in 1851 as there's a Thomas of the same age and place of birth listed with his Hull grandparents in Blackfordby, Leic, with potters in thatfamily too.
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 00:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you...I’d totally missed those deaths and also the other Hull/Buckley birth.
I did see the other entry for Thomas and I’m sure that Thomas goes on to marry etc but I will double check tomorrrow.
Thanks again.
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.