Author Topic: ERNEST(PHILLIP?) HOPE  (Read 2764 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ERNEST(PHILLIP?) HOPE
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 01:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry forgot the caps lock.  The witness's are J. Gannon and F. Lehmann. 

for Reginald Percival HOPE born 22 September 1915, 29 George Street Redfern.  Illegitimate on certificate.  Father Ernest William HOPE Oil Packer as occupation aged 26, born in Sydney NSW

Mother is Adeline Formerly Lowe, now Bow age 25 born in South Australia.  Informant Ernest Hope, Adeline Bow, father and Mother George Street Redfern.  Registered  9 Oct 1915 in Redfern.

I don't have the birth record of Daphne.  Adeline was married to a James BOW I think his name was, they did marry in Victoria.  He was gaoled for bigamy about 1911.  He and Adeline where living in Sydney.  He joined up in WW1 and on his home service records say's he was single in 1918

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 04:51 BST (UK) »
Sands Alphabetical Sydney 1890 Directory.

Hope, A.F. Barnsbury Grove, Marrickville.

That Grove was from Wardell Road to Fairfoul St.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 05:28 BST (UK) »
His mother is from family records INDIAN!!  Ernest Phillip HOPE was in the English Army and stationed in India where he met the mother of Ernest W F HOPE. 

Are the 'family records' actual records or just hearsay?  Does nobody have a photograph of Ernest?

Debra  :)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 06:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Thanks for the information on the Sands Directory.  I will have to follow up on that now.  Maybe the name has been wrong all the time and the father possibly is A F HOPE (or relative) Seems like a coincidence a Hope in Marrickville the same year Ernest was born.

Every little bit of information helps.

I'm working on just family hearsay at the moment BUT the Indian blood is real as a DNA test has been done on the daughter of Ernest Hope and Sarah J. Towell Hope and this lady is 25% Indian.  That is what is keeping me going.  Thanks so much.  Regards Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Again.  I will hunt around for a photo of Ernest as well.  When I find more family members!!  If possible.  Kindest regards Dianna

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 08:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Again also he seems to have attempted to join up in WW1 but was rejected.  That could have been really helpful if he had of joined as there would have been some very useful information.  Oh well!!  Thanks Dianna

What is the word struck through where the enlistee signs his name on the digitised record for this?
It is between the initials E W and the word HOPE

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 08:18 BST (UK) »
I have even tried to figure that out on the reverse of that page, but still cannot decipher enough letters to hazard anything but a guess.  I think the first letter MAY  chance to be a capital C ... and there may be a chance of the name being Cannon or Carson ... but I could be on the totally wrong tack.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 08:36 BST (UK) »

"..Indian blood is real as a DNA test has been done on the daughter of Ernest Hope and Sarah J. Towell Hope and this lady is 25% Indian."

What was the other 75%..?

If there is Indian ancestry for a child of Ernest HOPE and Sarah TOWELL etc.....could this be from maternal (Sarah's) family?

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 15 September 20 08:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue I have not been able to decipher that other name as yet.  Will do some more research on that and take another look!  Could be a clue! Thanks