Author Topic: Diary - Tuesday, 15 September 2020  (Read 527 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Tuesday, 15 September 2020
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 10:24 BST (UK) »
My daughter had twin black cats, one got killed and I know the other showed signs of being bereaved, sounds daft but cats do suffer, them my daughter took in another rescue female to keep him company, pretty little thing but she ruled the roost as it were and the other cat left home, it was such a shame, think he has been taken in locally as he sometimes walks through my daughters house, she gives him some treats and off he goes, I said he was being bullied by the female, I do think it happens

Viktoria, hope your son's cat returns home

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Lethbridge Paddington Slough
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks, my son would have liked children but his wife not ,the same with older son too.
So cats feature very large in both their lives.

The little missing one was born with no immune system, so could not be spayed , such a sickly little thing but all the more loved for that.
Regular blood tests and eventually when she was about right things started to get normal so spayed  .
Up until then she had lived her life on a ferret harness , so not used to straying.
But the last few holidays in the back of beyond near Solva and St Davidís
she did not need the harness .
But the dementia  probably means she has got completely lost.
There is still a small chance.
Thanks.
Viktoria.

Phoned family of my friend ,who fell etc and broke her pelvis ,I lived with her and her parents as an evacuee, well she is home, seems to realise where
she is and was having a cup of tea with her son when I phoned today.
Such good news ,I thought she might never get home again .
If only I could get to see her ,but not yet, hopefully fairly soon though.

Daughterís little dog was quite poorly so back at Vetís ,scanned and all seems well so more painkillers and perked up quite a bit and has passed urine so will feel so much better and is quite chirpy .
Six is a bit old for spaying ,the Vet said ,but she was so mixed up false pregnancies etc, there was never a clear stretch of time to get it done .
They can be left with difficulties if done at the wrong time.

Boiler annual service booked for tomorrow ,but phone call today to say the
gas engineer has been taken ill!
Re booked with another for 28 th Sept.
Perhaps a lucky escape for me!

Well folks, no news really ,hope everyone is well , look after yourselves.

Anyone want a sickly yellowy, mustardy paint supposed to be Magnolia?

Will have to order some more.
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 16:10 BST (UK) »
Caroline - good to hear that the little one got on well at school, sounds like he's destined to be on the stage with his love of outfits!

Viktoria - hope your daughter gets things sorted out with her treatment, such a worry. Hope also that there's some good news of the cat. Very pleased to hear that your friend is back home and doing well.

Ruskie - your heart must have been in your mouth seeing the dogs run loose among the traffic. Hope the second one made it home safely.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 19:12 BST (UK) »
Viktoria- sorry to hear about your sons little cat... especially now they've moved for some peace and quiet... I understand what the cat means to them as my son and wife, no children, had three cats DiL brought home from work... ( when they lived in NZ 17 yrs ago!) sadly one got run over so two left one called squeaky... because she talks to you! Tortoise shell and beautiful, other is called Houdini again obvious reasons, she was a white cat with ginger/black ears, tail and odd body spots... they moved them from NZ to Oz and they settled well, sadly white cat, has white skin, liked the sun and got cancer, had one ear removed but last year she died peacefully.... they were distraught.... so just the one original left now and she's treated like a queen! Sons built steps up to his desk as she likes to sit on the end of it while he's working but she's an old lady and jumping levels not as they used to be... goodness knows what they'll do when this one finally goes 😢 Do hope your son finds her... 

Ruskie- you're brave to go and look for an unknown dog.... shame the other one has such a nasty owner too people like that don't deserve animals...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK