Author Topic: Edmund Spratbury/Spreadbury and Ann ? m ~1770-1782  (Read 76 times)

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edmund Spratbury/Spreadbury and Ann ? m ~1770-1782
« on: Thursday 17 September 20 02:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me track down any information regarding Edmund Spratbury/Spreadbury and his wife Ann.  The marriage is a complete estimate as I can find absolutely nothing on the pair--no deaths, no tax records, no directory records, no birth for Edmund, and no marriage--outside a baptism for Martha Isabella Spratbury 1782 St Martins.  When she married she married under the name Spreadbury. I cannot find any other children for the pair either.

I have also tried searching under Spreadburough as there is an 1800 marriage for an Ann Spreadbury--according to the minister--who signed her name Spreadburough.  While the groom is listed as a widower, Ann does not have any cable so I can't say 100% that she is my ann.

Any help in the right direction would be lovely.
Thank you
Nich
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edmund Spratbury/Spreadbury and Ann ? m ~1770-1782
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 September 20 09:08 BST (UK) »
Baptism of Jane Spadbury, 29 Nov 1784, St Martin in the Fields
Parents Edmund and Ann
Born 14 Oct 1784

There is also a marriage of an Edmund* Spradbury to Mary Wise, 26 March 1788, St Anne Soho
Baptisms following in St Martin in the Fields

*Some transcripts say Edward

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 September 20 09:13 BST (UK) »
Burial at St Martins, 18 April 1785, Jane Spedbury (child?)
There is also an Ann Spedbury burial indexed there same year, just need to find it on ancestry!

Burial of that Ann Spedbury was 22 March 1785, SMF

Offline nichbuket

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 September 20 11:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you! I appreciate the finds. I will do some more checking under the new variations.
Klein, Comiss, Theobald, Hanney, Bernath, Salomonovics, Yakimovsky, Putney, Barlow, Beard, Gibbs, LeVierge, Tree, Trinder, Carter, Malpass, Crampin, Spurgin, Warner, Parker, Medcalf, Amer, Arnold,  Connelly,