Author Topic: need Help with a brick wall - Joseph Mack - Born Ballarat 1863  (Read 1357 times)

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
need Help with a brick wall - Joseph Mack - Born Ballarat 1863
« on: Thursday 17 September 20 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi would really appreciate any help!! Brickwall

Setting a tree up for best friend & I have Joseph Mack (her G Grandad) who was born in Ballarat in 1863
 He married to: Margaret Mack (born Belsar aka Belser aka Balsar)
Name: Joseph Mack Spouse Name: Margaret Balsar Marriage Date: 1890 Marriage Place: New South Wales Registration Place: Wentworth, New South Wales Registration Year: 1890 Registration Number: 7593    Euston, New South Wales, Australia  Apr 1 1890

Joseph died in Barham, New South Wales, Australia
Nov 8 1927

The PROBLEM is I got a death cert & his parents are Josh Mack & Mary Jane. It gives no information other than this.
Joseph does not seem to have a birth registered in Victoria.

Can someone please assist with who are parents are and any information that be handy??

Thanks & very much appreciated
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline jomcd967

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: need Help with a brick wall - Joseph Mack - Born Ballarat 1863
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 September 20 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Aussie Michelle,

Can you please state how you know he was born in Ballarat? What document did you get this information from and what are the details contained on there?

Jo  :)
Puplett, Sonnex, Lott, Dunkiss, Hart - London area.
Hudson, Jenner, Dedman - Sussex
Leach, Hopkins, Saunders - Wales
Leach, Lipscombe - Hampshire
Sipthorpe - Lancashire
Walters - Cornawall & Australia
Kingshott, Matheson, Pitt, McDonald, Keogh - Australia.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 September 20 23:45 BST (UK) »

The PROBLEM is I got a death cert & his parents are Josh Mack & Mary Jane. It gives no information other than this.

The marriage cert would give better and more reliable information if it has been reconciled with the church records, do you have that cert?

Debra  :)

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 September 20 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo, you asked
Can you please state how you know he was born in Ballarat? What document did you get this information from and what are the details contained on there?

So his grandson was the first confirmation & the death certificate of Joseph Mack also states Ballarat ( as wanted to back this up). It states his father as Joseph Mack & mother as Mary Jane.

(I wanted a maiden name to build but nothing - not even stating what the father did)

I am stuck completely. I have spent hours searching & come up with nothing.
Have found several 'Mack' arriving by boat but none of them appear to fit in time frame

Extremely frustrated

Cheers
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 September 20 00:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra. I did think of which one to purchase & I thought the death would be better as the marriage is NSW & because of the year of marriage it wouldn't contain much at all. - pertaining to the parents (as it is them I am interested in). I have been told that the name goes back to Scotland?? But this is all anyone knows.

I cant find anything on them whatsoever??

Cheers Michelle

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 September 20 00:56 BST (UK) »
I agree with Debra,  what info on the NSW marriage, fingers crossed it has been fully reconciled back to church registers.  Even if that has not happened,  you should be able to validate what info is recorded about the bride and groom, and also their official witnesses.   If you dont have that cert,  please don't order the real cert cert, but consider ordering an official transcription.  It is cheaper, but also it is prepared by very experienced professionals who have been deciphering NSW clergy's scribble .... for many years. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 September 20 00:58 BST (UK) »
So once  you know which denomination and the clergy, it is a matter of finding the church register which should have all the elusive details missing from the civil records.... including parents names and occupations ....  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 September 20 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hi JM,

Thanks again for your wonderful advice (You have a assisted me on numerous occasions).
Most definitely a transcription this is what I did for my friend with the death cert.
So I will suggest this for more information & I will return to this Forum

I had thought that the year of marriage would produce less. Hence getting the death cert transcription.

I can tell you that Joseph (the son) who married Margaret got married in the middle of nowhere literally.
Name: Joseph Mack Spouse Name: Margaret Balsar Marriage Date: 1890 Marriage Place: New South Wales Registration Place: Wentworth, New South Wales Registration Year: 1890 Registration Number: 7593
  Euston, New South Wales, Australia
Apr 1 1890

Cheers again Michelle

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 September 20 01:21 BST (UK) »
Yes,  it is still a sparse area out around Wentworth but the clergy recorded greater depth in their own registers and forwarded only summary info.

JM