Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 17th September  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Bearnan

• RootsChat Member
  • The boss
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 17th September
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 September 20 12:10 BST (UK) »
Viktoria I am so glad your sons cat has returned home, it must be such a relief. Glad that she's off to the vets to get her eye sorted. I hope things settle regarding the bullying.

Stay safe.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 September 20 13:36 BST (UK) »
Gosh, just dropped in to ask if RTL is going to be continuing working despite local lockdown... I see that is the case, just as I expected.

Many Happies Caroline. Sounds like you had a very special day. Good.
My Baby was 40 yesterday!  That feels a bit weird.  :P

Hope everyone else is feeling well and keeping safe.  :-*
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 September 20 13:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone.
Well the latest news makes me wonder if I ought to shelve the MacMillan baking!
I already give each month,standing order so can increase that.
I am wondering about my flu jab.
Son would normally take me to Drs’,,but living in Bolton I think he will not be allowed to mix with me.Or I with him.If you get my meaning.
I can walk down to the town centre ,but it is a long haul uphill all the way home.
Don’t feel confident using taxi, and not sure I could walk back .
It is eight bus stops ,so a fair way.Downhill O.K.but not uphill.

Looking at TV,so many people wearing masks only over their mouths, not sure either if that is just to speak to TV reporters, on markets and in other public places so many people are not wearing masks properly, according
to TV coverage.

Daughter’s little dog is tons better, waterworks functioning and also other unmentionable  functions.
Flash Harry is “ looking after “ her whilst my daughter and  OH are having a little day break, just a drive and  picnic  at a beauty spot.
Thought it best to not take the dog,as they will be walking in woods and how far would be too much for a dog that has just had a big op.?
So FH is in charge !
Just Sunday.

Look after yourselves .

Keep the daily news of activities coming , those with problems and difficulties,worries about family and friends ,concerns about how we will manage etc, there are lots people who may not say anything but who do think about us and hope
we are getting by.
And we think about one another don’t we.
Cheerio, going for a little walk as it is a nice brisk sunny day.

Does anyone need some sickly mustard  yellow paint ? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Free to a good home.
Viktoria.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 September 20 14:24 BST (UK) »
If anyone is interested I have just booked a flu jab,14th November,  well I actually said " I could be dead by then"  it is getting ridiculous, also up to 6 weeks to see a Dr, thank God right now I don't need to make an appt,  I  do wonder what the GP's are doing now, makes me feel despondent  to be honest

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 September 20 15:34 BST (UK) »
I phoned our surgery last week and were having our flu jabs on 27th October... so far I was told they’ve non in stock when I exclaimed surprise! As you say hopefully still here to have it!
Dentists again got to phone at the end of September to see what’s what... originally meant for March! Not that I’m too bothered... if it doesn’t hurt then leave we’ll alone I say and treat people who have pressing issues!

Caroline

PS - viktoria not sure I could cope with bright yellow paint... need to wear dark glasses... although Moneys kitchen in Giverny is painted in yellow and had such a warm bright uplifting feel to it....you just need an artists smock and palette and you’re there 😁😁
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 18 September 20 19:53 BST (UK) »
Caroline, great to hear about your birthday, sounds like a lovely day and the dahlias must have been a wonderful sight. All followed by a marvellous evening, so important during these times.

RTL, the reason I wait till NN has gone out to trim her shrubs is because although I know I'm within my rights I'm sure she would come straight out to see what I'm doing and would no doubt have a go at me. I can't deal with any more aggro from her so it's easier to just bide my time.
I don't see a lot of wildlife in the woods, it's a narrow strip rather than a deep wood, I know squirrels are not so timid these days but I haven't spotted any. The birds I've seen are usually just the usual ones like magpies but in the spring I was pleased to see a number of bullfinches there. There have been a lot of swifts on the field, they swoop around me while I'm walking.

It must be very had for you having these new restrictions imposed, I'm very glad to hear that your church services will still be going ahead, a little comfort for you. The restrictions as to who you can get together with seem to depend on whether they are in your bubble, I really hope you're able to do so with your SIL's sister. Hope today has been better for you.  :-*

Viktoria, glad to hear that the little cat is back, let's hope she behaves herself a bit better now!
It's strange, I was just thinking today that the minutiae of my day can't be very interesting and that maybe I should just condense it to 'walk, gardening' etc. However, having read your comment about the details of our daily lives helping you I'll continue as before. I'm very glad that it's a positive for you.
Re your flu jab, have you spoken to your son about it? It's my understanding that you'll be regarded as being in a bubble with him which would allow him to take you. Probably be best to see what he thinks now rather than waiting till the time.

Louisa Maud, my flu jab is tomorrow, I booked it early August. I've had four reminders so far!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 18 September 20 22:38 BST (UK) »
Victoria, I echo Bearnan in saying that it is good to hear that your son's cat has returned home.  It must have been very stressful for you all worrying about him.  Poor thing to have come back in such a state, I wonder what must have happened to him.  At least he is safe now.

Regarding your son, I think he might be classed as your in your support bubble.

That is very kind of you to think of baking for Macmillan.  I can understand you wondering if you should do this now in light of the current situation. 

Roobarb, I can understand why you did the trimming when neighbour wasn't there.  In your shoes I would do things that way too, I wouldn't want to risk another altercation either.

Louisa May, I am sorry to hear you will have to wait so long for your flu jab. 

Caroline, I think Viktoria is marketing that paint under the trade description of 'sickly' yellow rather than 'bright' yellow.  ;D

Mowsehowse, I hope your arm isn't paining too much after getting two jabs recently.

The Pastor has sent us all a long email tonight.  It seems he and his wife have had a change of heart.  He has said that although legally the Church can reopen, after a lot of soul searching they have decided to postpone this for another 2-3 weeks.  I know this will have been a very tough decision for him to make.  It is disappointing but I think the right decision has been made.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 18 September 20 23:20 BST (UK) »
That's such a shame RTL but you obviously appreciate that he has taken the decision in order to protect you all. I hope it's not long before things improve and you're able to get together.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 18 September 20 23:32 BST (UK) »
Ref FLU VACCINE
I suggest it is important to have it, especially this year.
VIKTORIA, if your son isn't able to take you, a reputable cab driver should be ok for what will be a brief journey.
Use hand sanitiser, wear a mask, the driver should too. Have car windows open.
You ought to be safe enough, but maybe you could get a health visitor to visit your home if you plead age and infirmity.  ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.