Author Topic: Windows 10 problem  (Read 1608 times)

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Windows 10 problem
« on: Friday 18 September 20 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi all, since updates have been installed my Pin isn't being recognised... I'm being asked to request a new one, but how can I get into my email if the Pin isn't working. Now I've been locked out till tomorrow. I'm using my phone to type this. I've tried to set up an email account on my phone.. No luck there either..
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 problem
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 September 20 15:25 BST (UK) »

Can you remember the password you used to login to your Outlook/hotmail account before you moved to Windows 10

If you can then using your phone go into your web browser and open outlook.com.  This should sign you into your email account.  You can also sign into Gmail this way.

guest189040

« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 September 20 15:31 BST (UK) »
More info please.

Specifically what email account ie Google BT Sky etc

When setting up your email account did you include your mobile telephone number? 

As for setting up your email on your mobile, it would help if you gave the name of the maker ie Samsung / iPhone together with its model number.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 September 20 17:26 BST (UK) »
If it helps prod the memory, Microsoft PINs are a minimum of 6 characters. Not the same as your bank card!

Annoyingly, this week one of the machines I have to use the Insider builds demanded that I re-add my account to prove I was entitled to scan for fresh versions - and this on a machine which received the previous build only 10 days ago. Short memory or what?

I had to re-add the email address, password, PIN and it also demanded that I scan my fingerprint (which is what I normally just use to unlock the machine).
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 September 20 19:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for replies...I was hoping to get into my PC by installing Virgin email onto my phone,but being totally useless on POP,SMTL or whater they are,it couldn't connect to server..

Thanks all for suggestions..

stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 September 20 19:18 BST (UK) »
I forgot to say my PIN number to get into the PC is 4 digits ..

guest189040

« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 September 20 22:37 BST (UK) »
To set up mail on your phone

Go to:-

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-email-settings

Click on the hyperlink that is applicable and follow the instructions on you mobile

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 September 20 10:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for replies...I was hoping to get into my PC by installing Virgin email onto my phone,but being totally useless on POP,SMTL or whater they are,it couldn't connect to server..

Thanks all for suggestions..

Virtually all email providers allow you to get into your mailbox through a web browser, such as Chrome or Safari. There are some which only work that way.

If you go to https://www.virginmedia.com/ , there should be a button near the top right for email. You'll still need your email password.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 19 September 20 10:47 BST (UK) »
I need to change from Windows 7 to Windows 10, dreading it to be honest, tried it out on my laptop but I don't like it, to old to make changes of a lifetime, well however long it is since  Windows 7 was in..

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London