Author Topic: Whitchurch LUDBEY-ROSSER 1670s  (Read 393 times)

Offline witchetty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whitchurch LUDBEY-ROSSER 1670s
« on: Friday 18 September 20 22:53 BST (UK) »
I have recently found evidence that Theophilus LUDBEY of London, carpenter, and Eleanor daughter of William ROSSER of Whitchurch yeoman were married in the early 1670s.

Theophilus' first wife was buried in Nov 1670. The first known child of Theophilus and Eleanor was christened in March 1674 at Southwark.

I have not been able to find a marriage record, even searching with just first names, or just surnames.

Having recently discovered that Eleanor was an heiress from Whitchurch, I'm thinking that perhaps they married there — only those indexes are not available online, and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Apparently the indexes are available at the Herefordshire record office (free lookup?).

Would someone be prepared to do a search to see what records they can find for a marriage for this couple?

Note that LUDBEY can be spelled or misspelled in a variety of ways.

Greatly appreciated :)

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whitchurch LUDBEY-ROSSER 1670s
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 September 20 05:00 BST (UK) »
The first known child of Theophilus and Eleanor was christened in March 1674 at Southwark.

Can't help re. marriage check but FindMyPast has a baptismal date earlier than 1674 -
FindMyPast baptisms (transcript only)
William Ludby, bap 21 March 1673, place Southwark St. George, father- Theophilus.

Offline witchetty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Whitchurch LUDBEY-ROSSER 1670s
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 September 20 10:57 BST (UK) »
That baptism was in March, therefore, adjusting for the calendar change in 1752, he was christened in 1674. I should have mentioned that when I posted.