Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 19th September  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 19th September
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 September 20 17:57 BST (UK) »
I'm okay thanks mowsehowse, not sure about the tiredness as I was okay on the day in between. It wasn't actually all that bad, just some jagged light patterns, only lasted about ten minutes. Just another of those strange things!
I'm obviously not as chirpy as your little feathered friend!  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 September 20 18:28 BST (UK) »
A large flock of sparrows would be less chirpy than my little feathered lodger.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 September 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
A beautiful day but with quite a brisk breeze.  Too nice to stay indoors so sat outside chatting to downstairs neighbour for a while.   Then the 2 of us weeded the pebbled area outside F.7.   The tenants are Romanian - the wife is nice (although you don't often see her outside for any length of time) but the husband is not!   Has a real chip on his shoulder, thinks he should be paid more, should be able to get added benefits, doesn't believe in COVID and thinks us that do are crazy.   You get the picture.   Everyone else keeps the area outside their flat nice which means pulling up weeds which appear periodically (regardless of membrane or weedkiller).  Not them though.   We noticed that they must be away as no washing out during day as usual and no lights on at night.   It was looking a real eyesore so K and I decided to weed the area while they were away.   Only took the 2 of us about 15 minutes (K did the middle bit and I did the edges) and the whole place looks good again.  Their next door neighbours were out for the day and since they'd complained the most about the eyesore next to them wondered how long it would take them to notice it had been done (saw them this afternoon and they'd noticed first thing this morning).

Don't know why but kept thinking it was Sunday not Saturday.  Enjoyed rest of the sunshine and then sojourned indoors for the usual evening jollities i.e. tv, sudoku and knitting.   Fish and chips again which was very tasty.

More nice weather forecast for a couple of day before it all changes.   Will enjoy it while I can.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 September 20 21:55 BST (UK) »
Well I can’t believe all the excitement I’ve missed .... all these budgies what fun... hope you’re able to find a home for the one your found mowsehowse.... or you could find yourself with a new companion!
My Grandad had a budgie very originally named Joey! He used to talk to it and let it fly around the room much to my step grandmothers Consternation!  It used to sit on the top of the pelmet ... I was only about 4 yrs old bit remember it vividly...

Glad your flu jab experience went well Roobarb apart from your ocular migraine that doesn’t sound like fun! One of my friends planted some white cosmos and it’s lasted all summer... think we might be planting some next year..

Carol - good to get as much vitamin D as you can... 2 books in one day that’s done going...supposed to be very important apparently in keeping well against COVID....

Annette- more gardening keeping you fit and on the go deserves some relaxation too.

Louisa M - our local church services have been a bit hit and miss lately too... not sure what they’ll be doing if new regulations come into force...

Finally my day

OH was up before me as he was playing golf a medal round so quite tiring!
Spoke to daughter and decided that maybe they’d just come up on Sunday but would talk to OH when he got home... T was just a bit sniffly coughing very infrequently...
Thought I’d get in with some sewing as I’ve a lot nearly finished... should have been doing the ironing really...
Had a chat with a friend but not as long as in the past few times... hope to catch up with her later in the week...
Spoke to daughter again and decided if OH was happy they could come up later on today...
on his return... he needed cheering up as he wasn’t happy with his medal round so said if he was ok they’d come up today... all good to go...
now had to sanitise downstairs loo just for them, bathroom, boys bedroom and move all my stuff out and sanitise bedroom for her and SiL... get dinner organised... finish pressing face coverings...
message from daughter running late as SiL couldn’t find his keys...
ok keys found Off they set nearly 5pm by now...said dinner would be ready to eat as soon as they arrived!
Message... 45 minutes away...
Just had time for shower...
Lovely to see them... boys in good spirits... dinner and bed for them
Brought me a lovely arrangement of hand tied flowers...
And we’ve made you a cake grandma....
Once boys in bed we sat and chatted... so nice to see them all ... my birthday celebrations continue!
Off to bed not too late as likely to be an early start!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 20 September 20 22:40 BST (UK) »
I'm happy for you that they have managed to visit Caroline.  :D
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 20 September 20 23:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mowsehowse - it has been a lovely w/end... with the likelihood of new restrictions we were all pleased to be able to get together...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 September 20 08:38 BST (UK) »
My goodness what a dramatic story, Mowsehowse!  What a good thing you were there and were so quick thinking about the way you rescued that poor little bird. 
I think this seems a good thing about social media these days that you can reach out to people for help.  How kind that person was to offer the cage to help in this situation.  I think you made the right decision about not handing the budgie over to that man.  I think the bird will be a bit more free in an aviary with other bird company rather than imprisoned in a little cage on it's own.  And who is to say that this bird did originally stay with him anyway?  He might just be someone who wants to seize the opportunity of obtaining a free budgie.  I think you were a real hero this weekend Mowsehowse for rescuing this little bird and looking out for its welfare.  If not for you, this little bird might have become the target of a bird of prey - which hardly bears thinking about.  Personally, I don't like the idea of any wild creature, animal or bird, being kept behind bars long term.  I think they are better left to roam or fly in their own habitat.  I think that bird will never be able to released now totally as I think it would be attacked.  But still, you have done the best you can and behalf of the bird, I thank you for this. 

I hope to catch up with these all the diary entries soon ..

Just brief to add some further comments ..
I have observed this weekend that there doesn't appear to be that frightened vibe around in my community as there was at the start of the last lockdown.  Also, I went to the supermarket for some essentials and it is a relief to see that people, so far, seem to shopping normally rather than clearing the shelves like vultures, like last time around.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 September 20 09:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you RTL.
I am sure I saved the budgie from the falcon, and I'm hoping to home her somewhere she has some space and company.
She certainly has been an entertaining little guest.  :D

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 21 September 20 09:32 BST (UK) »
Wouldn't you like to keep your new found little friend, they can be quite amusing

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London