Author Topic: England - £10,000 fines for self-isolation breaches  (Read 4496 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: England - Covid: £10,000 fines for self-isolation breaches
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 September 20 17:40 BST (UK) »
If this is true a young man is going  to work with covid, I think he should be arrested  and fined

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 September 20 17:59 BST (UK) »
Sadly fines are used to raise revenue. If fines were abolished and automatic imprisonment was substituted there would be a lot less enthusiasm for prosecution. If an OAP gets caught feeding a seagull a piece of bread in Brighton - 3 months. No ifs and buts. The law is the law regardless of expense. Likewise Covid.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 September 20 18:25 BST (UK) »
Sadly fines are used to raise revenue. If fines were abolished and automatic imprisonment was substituted there would be a lot less enthusiasm for prosecution. If an OAP gets caught feeding a seagull a piece of bread in Brighton - 3 months. No ifs and buts. The law is the law regardless of expense. Likewise Covid.

3 months for 'a piece' of bread. How much for a whole slice? How about the stocks, or a good old fashioned 'S' branded on the forehead?

Are you serious?????  Do you wear jackboots and a brown uniform?  ::)
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 September 20 19:06 BST (UK) »
I will generalise but with the majority of people born since 1960 there is a different set of Social Standards employed by them compared to my older generation, they seem very much self centred only on themselves, their close family and friends. 

Well, at a stroke you've rubbished a large proportion of the medical professions, not to mention many other.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 September 20 20:23 BST (UK) »
Two words:

DOMINIC CUMMINGS

If Dominic Cummings jumped into a fire - would you?

Trying to cite an action taken by somebody else is no excuse -

and usually ended up by either me or one of my brothers facing the wall whilst we thought about how to answer the questions that usually started with "Why"; "Who"; "What";  "Where"  and "When" ::).
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 September 20 20:53 BST (UK) »
I think some of the problem is the number of people who have been told to self isolate. If you have proved positive there is no argument, self isolate or be fined. However where it gets difficult is the thousands who are told to self isolate because they "may" have been in contact with someone who has tested positive. A friend teaches in a Primary school - someone, and they aren't allowed to know whether a adult or child, in Year 2 tested positive. So all children and adults in year 2 and year 1 were sent home and told to self isolate. Then they were advised that Reception and Nursery should do the same as they couldn't social distance. That's almost 200 children and 30 staff. The staff were told that their own children didn't have to self isolate, so if they go to another school they can still attend. My friend knows for certain that she can't have come into contact with anyone in Year 2. Most of the children won't have done either. I thought that was the whole point of have the children un bubbles - it doesn't seem to be working.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 28 September 20 21:22 BST (UK) »
Groom, I thought I would just have a look at the advice  :o
Just a bit of light reading:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/guidance-for-schools-coronavirus-covid-19

One Year 13 grandchild  returned to school and the whole year group had to isolate within days. They returned  and within two days were off again. The school then reviewed after a few days and those not in contact with the person were allowed back in.
Another grandchild - Year 10 - is now at home and again it is not all the ‘bubble’ - the whole year group - that has been excluded, it is just tutor groups/friends contacts.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 08:36 BST (UK) »
A few weeks ago my daughter spent the weekend waiting if she and all menbers of staff would need to self-isolate because she works with Person 3-
Person 1 tested positive on Friday
Person 1 went out Saturday night with a group of friends to THREE different places
Person 2 went out Saturday night with Person 1 then had contact with their child & child's mother (Person 3)
Person 2 tested positive, child & child's mother (Person 3) also had to be tested
Girlfriend of Person 2 went to work in care home...
If Person 1 had the sense to stay at home then this whole chain of infections could have been prevented
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 12:48 BST (UK) »
Two words:

DOMINIC CUMMINGS

If Dominic Cummings jumped into a fire - would you?

Trying to cite an action taken by somebody else is no excuse -

and usually ended up by either me or one of my brothers facing the wall whilst we thought about how to answer the questions that usually started with "Why"; "Who"; "What";  "Where"  and "When" ::).

What on earth are you talking about? Jumping into what fire????  ??? Have you deliberately missed my point - that the government took no action action against Mr Cummings's (and other government officials) actions and therefore has no high horse to stand on nor justification for penalising anyone else for doing similarly. Or are you advocating 'do as I say, not as I do'?
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.