Author Topic: England - £10,000 fines for self-isolation breaches  (Read 4503 times)

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: England - £10,000 fines for self-isolation breaches
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 30 September 20 20:32 BST (UK) »

... WE All  have to be careful  and do the right things for our fellow men and women, so I am hoping that people are becoming more sensible as they read the news and new information to be adhered to by ALL , now, not when they feel like it

Louisa Maud

Louisa, I hope too, people who are in denial see the reality.
 ----------
Yes pharmaT, there are many of all ages including young people who have done good works and helped during the crisis.
 ----------
Coventry last night (Some Media online have film)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-54349548

The problem is ... Coventry was and still is on a Covid 2nd wave Warning due to the increasing Covid infection numbers there.
 ----------
The Guardian 4 Days Ago
"Police have broken up a protest in central London after thousands of people defied their advice and demonstrated against lockdowns, mass vaccinations, mandatory wearing of face masks ... "

The above is the Freedom and Liberty protesters of all ages were seeking.
 ----------
After the Briefing today Professor Sir Mark Walport FRS FRCP FRCPath FMedSci FRSE (English Medical Scientist) was asked to comment on the Briefing and said on TV today ... our behaviour will determine the outcome
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/covid-19-second-wave-sage-adviser-mark-walport-643845
 ----------
BBC
32 Billion items of PPE have been bought
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52254745

Mark

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 01 October 20 07:58 BST (UK) »
Study on quarantine breakers here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54346001
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 01 October 20 12:59 BST (UK) »
Imperial College London (Random Testing Samples of General Population)
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/205473/latest-react-findings-show-high-number/

Professor Paul Elliott, director of the REACT programme at Imperial, said: “While our latest findings show some early evidence that the growth of new cases may have slowed, suggesting efforts to control the infection are working, the prevalence of infection is the highest that we have recorded to date. This reinforces the need for protective measures to limit the spread of the disease and the public’s adherence to these, which will be vital to minimise further significant illness and loss of life from COVID-19.

Imperial College say the R rate needs to be well below 1 to bring the current high Virus results under control.

Figures just mentioned verbally by Imperial
Say about 1 in 100 of young people have the Virus and apparently 1 in 200 in an older age group are also Positive and our infections are still far too high.
 ----------
Recent Testing in England shows the Daily infections have doubled in a week.

Mark

Online BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 02 October 20 22:52 BST (UK) »
Midlands Police are receiving about 300 reports of Covid breaches a day.

I suspect you have already heard that the first of the £10,000 penalties have already been handed out for serious breaches.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 03 October 20 03:15 BST (UK) »
In my opinion so they should be, anyone who flouts the suggested rules should be fined, whoever they are

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 03 October 20 07:51 BST (UK) »
In my opinion so they should be, anyone who flouts the suggested rules should be fined, whoever they are

Louisa Maud

I'm especially mad at that MP.  In her 'apology' she said she should have sought advice on what to do.  She's a supposedly capable adult what is complicated about the idea that if you have covid you don't travel right across the country, go to work (in a busy place) then travel back across the country on public transport!
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 03 October 20 08:13 BST (UK) »

Louisa Maud

I think the fines for refusing to supply contact details should be £10,000 for first offence and £30,000 if you supply false details. Supplied details should be checked against passports at ports & airports and other evidence driving licence etc., should be supplied in other instances.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 03 October 20 08:27 BST (UK) »

Louisa Maud

I think the fines for refusing to supply contact details should be £10,000 for first offence and £30,000 if you supply false details. Supplied details should be checked against passports at ports & airports and other evidence driving licence etc., should be supplied in other instances.
Cheers
Guy

I have heard some people make you call them so that it comes up on the caller display to prove you've at least given the correct number.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 03 October 20 09:16 BST (UK) »

Louisa Maud

Cheers
Guy

Aren't these spot checks on people in quarantine done by phone. Passports don't have phone numbers or addresses on. And if a  mobile number is given, who's to know where the person actually is when and if they are called.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott