Author Topic: PORTUGAL - Where too ask for help for living relatives?  (Read 353 times)

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
PORTUGAL - Where too ask for help for living relatives?
« on: Sunday 20 September 20 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I know we can't post about living people, but I wonder if anyone has any pointers in where I should look, especially as it's Portugal & not urgent.

My grandad had a first cousin, Pamela who died back in the 90's. She lived most of her adult life in Lisbon & married locally before divorcing & reverting to her maiden name. I managed to trace her via her probate record which listed two daughters along with their names & the name of her solicitor. I know nothing more other than one worked as a secretary for a Portuguese official in the 80's (an online search found this). Bearing in mind my dad is 73 now, they may also be heading towards the same age, if not older. My grandad has a habit of ignoring me when asking about family tree stuff. It was his tree I started with, but at 95 he just isn't interested anymore. It's such a shame.

My first thought was to contact her solicitor & ask him, but I have just found an obituary alongside his practice details saying he died in in February & it doesn't look like he had a partner. The obit was in an English paper & annoyingly one you have to pay to read. I think it was the Times without looking too hard.

So does anyone have any thoughts on who I could ask? I did consider the embassy, as she was always a British citizen.

Admin - please remove if not allowed.

Thanks Suzanne.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: PORTUGAL - Where too ask for help for living relatives?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 September 20 11:49 BST (UK) »
Is there a Facebook page- ex pats living in Portugal?
Or something similar. Someone may have known her.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzanne2812

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Great, Great Granny Willoughby
    • View Profile
Re: PORTUGAL - Where too ask for help for living relatives?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 September 20 18:34 BST (UK) »
HI,

Yes I did have a little look & also on Twitter, so that is an option. I will see if I can join a group & post my query.

Thanks Suzanne.