Author Topic: Diary - MONDAY 21st September  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - MONDAY 21st September
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 08:31 BST (UK) »
Nice of you to send support Jeff.... how are you doing?
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 08:34 BST (UK) »
Carol
I was so sorry to hear about your son’s illness you and all you family must be devastated. Thinking of you all.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 08:51 BST (UK) »
My baby is the youngest of 4. 3 boy's 1 girl. P is 33, his birthday 25 Dec. I missed a champagne breakfast having him. His word's "It is what it is, we are born, we die, all part of life's cycle."
Thank you for caring, it means a lot at the moment while we all try to get our head around this news.
Good news We are level 1 ( no restriction's) just commonsense.
 Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 09:08 BST (UK) »
Nice of you to send support Jeff.... how are you doing?
We are still hanging in there; difficult to find things to do sometimes to keep us occupied, although there are plenty of things needing attention. Funeral arranged Friday week (2nd). Andrew not now coming from Oz; too many potential problems  re flights and cancellations and quarantine; would be catastrophic for his family down under to be away with an uncertain return date. However we plan, because of the potential disruption again, to have ceremonial scattering of Nick's ashes somewhere where we used to go as a family in West Wiltshire, possibly the Westbury White Horse and follow up with a picnic by the River Avon in Bradford on Avon, where we lived for the first 32 years of our married life. This will probably be in the spring and subject to the CV situation and when Andrew can get across the world to us in relative safety and certainty.

Mark was down from London at the weekend and did some more odd jobs and we spent a quiet time in the FD Chapel of Rest with Nick.

We continue to be supported by all our friends and Nick's circle of friends from all over.

Thanks again for all your thjoughts and prayers.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 09:10 BST (UK) »
Carol so sorry to hear about your son. The medics will fire everything they can at it. Thinking of you all .
North East of England

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 09:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you radstockjeff for your support. My sincere condolences to you and yours.  Such a hard time to lose a loved one. My heart goes out to all those that find themselves in this situation.

Carol

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
and many more.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 09:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you for response Jeff.
It is rotten for you all that Andrew is so far away.
Glad to know Mark has been able to visit, and hope there is some comfort in your plans for the Spring.
It is good to know you have a circle of support around the globe.
Sending love and hugs to you all. :-*
(That isn't just a fatuous throw away. I truly wish I could do something more pragmatic.)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 10:01 BST (UK) »
We are all blessed to be apart of this site. We on this board do not know each personly but our feelings are real and they do bring comfit to those in need, whatever that need is. To share our inner thought's with stranger's is special. To all who post on this board, be strong, with each other we can get through this pandemic.

Stay safe say strong.
 Carol

and many more.

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 10:05 BST (UK) »
Carol - my heart goes out to you, every parent's worst nightmare. I will be thinking of you and your son and praying for his quick recovery.

Jeff - I haven't commented on your loss before but I am so sorry for it, the fact your son in Australia can't be with you is awful. Your plans sound perfect & hopefully the family can be together in the Spring when this situation might have improved.

Very best wishes to everyone.

Pat

King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area