Author Topic: Diary - MONDAY 21st September  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary - MONDAY 21st September
« on: Monday 21 September 20 22:50 BST (UK) »
Just to say that this morning we took Budgie to the claimant in town who has a small aviary.
I was tempted to keep her, but really it is better for her to have the company of a flock, and some room to fly around a bit.
What an adventure!
Have a good day all.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - MONDAY 21st September
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 September 20 23:07 BST (UK) »
I've been waiting for the next episode of budgiegate, I'm sure you're right that she'll be happier with others but I bet you miss her already.  :'(
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 September 20 23:08 BST (UK) »
Diary:
A lovely warm and sunny day today, what a change from yesterday. I don't usually watch the government broadcasts as I find them too depressing but I was watching This Morning and they included it as part of the programme. Nothing very uplifting about most of it but I was pleased that they told us about the progress with the vaccine, it does give some hope, a bit like Pandora's box.

Received notification that my dumbbells would be delivered between twelve and 2pm. Was hoping they'd be early as I wanted to go to the beach for low tide. Did some ironing and changed the bed then had some lunch while I was waiting, the parcel arrived about 1pm. I hadn't been able to remember what size weights I use at the gym, when I picked these up I realised I should have ordered a heavier one but I'll build myself up with the bigger of these and order a heavier one or two.

Off to the beach, on my way down the slipway I bumped into an old friend, haven't seen her for a few years. She was with someone I worked with for years, I didn't know they were friends. Had a chat then on to the sand. Living on the East coast sometimes means we have to put up with the sea fret but it's worth it for the benefits of such beauty. The tide was way out, no seaweed, just acres of smooth golden sand, wide blue skies and calm sea. Just a handful of people around. Had a good walk before turning back and coming home.

Had a sit down and ate my daily apple before going out to cut the back lawn. Did some other gardening before coming inside for a cup of tea.

Later on I phoned my friend in Devon, she told me how hot it had been yesterday and said it was a much more pleasant heat today. We're both looking forward to the time when we can start planning our holidays again.

Feeling quite tired tonight, must be all the exercise.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 00:32 BST (UK) »
 Just lost whole post .... too tired now to retype so do it in the morning...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 01:54 BST (UK) »
Roobarb; Thank you for describing an Ocular migraine. I now know what I have been suffering from for the last 10 years.
Caroline; Glad you enjoyed your extended birthday. ( Maybe your Mum had long labour)
Glad to hear Mrs Budgie is at a safe home.

Didn't post yesterday as my world got turned upsidedown. My youngest son texts me to wish me good luck with my Operation on Wednesday. I replied thank you but it is only Monday. His reply I'm in hospital as I have a problem with my blood.
So I ring him. He was having test on his bone marrow and would ring when he had the results.
That phone call came 3 hrs later.
He has acute Myeloid leukaemia and it is aggressive. Already had a blood transfusion and as I write he is having his first lot of chemotherapy.
Will be in the hospital tomorrow so will not post
Stay safe Stay strong
      Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 05:37 BST (UK) »
Oh Carol, that is such dreadful news for your son, for you and your family.  :(

How old is your son?

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 07:48 BST (UK) »
Carol - Firstly let me say I’m so sorry to hear about your Son and what a shock for you all. You are in my thoughts at this very precarious time.

Roobarb - your description of the beach and you’re walk along sounded uplifting and I’m right there with you... I love the expanse of sky the east coast gives you and I can imagine it looked beautiful... how nice to come across old friends too.
Good luck with the weights!

Mowsehowse - pleased to hear you’ve been able to find the budgie a home in an aviary with other birds for company... I’m sure you were sad to give it up but it certainly gave you some excitement for a couple of days!

My day
I’m writing this on Tuesday morning as I lost what I wrote last night and was too tired for a rewrite!
The sun was shining through the edges of the blind so I knew the promised good weather was there for the day...
Then I suddenly remembered that I was delivering two cakes this morning For local hospice and had forgotten to make them on Sunday....
I quickly whipped up two lemon drizzle  cakes before I’d even swallowed my breakfast...
Managed to get all bedding and towels washed and on the line after family’s visit...
We watched the two scientists give their tv conference on latest statistics and both thought that this was being done as prelude to Boris’s announcements on Tuesday.. their figures seemed quite alarming and hoped they were over exaggerated for worse case scenario but would give a wake up call to all the half wits out there who are enjoying life without a care for others,  putting our lives into more restrictions. Not enough enforcement being placed on them in my humble opinion.The information regarding the vaccines was encouraging but not holding my breath that we’ll get them any time soon and felt that spring time seemed more likely than by the winter.
Once cakes had cooled down I wrapped them up and walked up the village to deliver them... on my way I dropped off a donation for MacMillan to friend whose holding coffee morning on Friday but not comfortable going and mixing with people I’ve not seen at all over these last months.
When I delivered the cakes A mentioned my friend who lives behind me up the lane had promised a cake too but not arrived.. I contacted her to discover she was out and cake sat on her kitchen counter! Walked back to retrieve it from her house then duly delivered that too! I then walked to the other end of the village to drop off this weeks village lottery winnings! The builders in the village must have wondered why the heck I was walking backwards and forwards so many times! That’s my exercise for the day now!
Sat outside With my lunch and enjoying the sunshine reading the Sunday papers... mostly COVID, brexit or US elections so skimmed most of it! The crossword this week was more fun to do and I completed over half...think there’s a new person setting the questions as not as obscure as usual!
Had a game of scrabble was well in the lead then OH almost at the end of the game used all his tiles to score extra 50 points so now he’s one ahead again😤😤
Decided I’d go and finish off last of face coverings... makes 130 in total which will be delivered tomorrow... now today!... I finally can get to make up the 🌈 fabric into scrub tops.... I’ve only had it sitting here for last few months!
Had late
dinner of ham with all salad left from the W/end....
Watched some tv and retired to bed...

Another day disappears.... just wondering what Tuesdays briefing will bring.... think we all probably know the answers to that!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 08:27 BST (UK) »
Carol
Thinking of you at this difficult time.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 08:30 BST (UK) »
I do miss Budgie, but feel confident I made the right decision.

Caroline you are a marvel......so you "quickly whipped up two lemon drizzle  cakes" while playing the moonlight sonata with you other hand perhaps??

Roobarb it is great that you had a good walk and bumped into some friends.... hope you made arrangements to walk with them sometimes??

Carol, I am SO very sorry. What devastating news. I shall be holding my breath that your son is making progress.

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.