Author Topic: Diary - MONDAY 21st September  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - MONDAY 21st September
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 16:28 BST (UK) »
Carol, I'm so very sorry to hear the news about your son, you must be beside yourself with worry, I hope his treatment soon takes effect. I'm pleased that we are able to give you some comforts with our words.

Jeff, this must be such a long and difficult time for you to get through. Good to hear that you have plans for next year when Mark will be able to be with you to scatter Nick's ashes.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 16:32 BST (UK) »
Caroline, I too am in awe of you quickly whipping up a couple of cakes! Perhaps the builders thought you fancied one of them and were sashaying past to have another look!  ;) ;D Hope the rainbow scrubs have been turning out well.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 17:27 BST (UK) »
Carole, so very sorry to hear about your son, I am sure he is in the best place to be sorted out, it is a huge worry for you but be assured we all think about each other on this board,  since the safe board we have got to know each other better,  sometimes I try to imagine what people  look like as well

Stay safe

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 17:34 BST (UK) »
Jeff,  I have had 3 deaths within  my family since April, attended none of the services due to restrictions , one was videoed as it happened which was really very nice, if you can call it nice but at least it made me feel part of it, a neighbour of some years recently died, his family live in Australia  and can't come home, I do find that  incredibly sad for the family as I do you, the remembrance service you are hoping to have is a lovely idea

Take care, will think of you on 2 nd

My best regards

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 19:08 BST (UK) »
What a blow for you !
 I was truly taken aback!
To say I am truly sorry is an understatement .
Very much thinking of you and yours .

Kindest regards.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 08:48 BST (UK) »
Carol, I am so sorry to read about what has happened to your son.  This type of news would rock the world of any parent and my heart really goes out to you.  I am sure you and your son and the rest of your family will be in our thoughts and prayers at this time as your son begins his treatment.

It is very thoughtful of you Jeff, to add support too despite your own situation.  I think that is a lovely idea to have a beautiful ceremony like you have mentioned later on.  Hopefully, it can happen and you can also get together and have this family get together picnic and commemorate Nick.  I am sure you and your family will continue to be in all our thoughts and prayers too.

Mowsehowse, I am so glad that budgie is going to have company in the aviary.  Personally, I don't like the idea of any bird being in a cage.  I have heard that caged birds on their own can become stressed (they are flock orientated) and develop abnormal behaviour such as head nodding and swaying from foot to foot.  However, I know this bird would not survive now if released.  I think you have made the right decision for the bird's welfare.  You have a good, kind heart and again I thank you on this little bird's behalf.  I think these little birds can pay a high price for their lovely colours, sadly.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 09:08 BST (UK) »
Yes,Carol and Jeff, you are both ,and your families ,in many people’s thoughts.
Your loss Jeff and the  heartbreaking news of your son Carol.
Let us hope his condition responds to treatment .
It is the wrong way round, isn’t it, Jeff, a child pre deceasing parents .
Not the way it is meant to be.
Sadly the behaviour of some young people in the present crisis will mean more parents will have the heartache you have now,but you would not wish it on anyone else I know.
The families of those lost in the Manchester Arena bombing are still struggling
and don’t have the comfort in some cases of knowing there was tender care for their relatives at the end .
Slow responses etc.
Kindest regards to you ,both.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 10:15 BST (UK) »
Yes, Viktoria, I think you are right that the families are still struggling after the Manchester arena.  My daughter in law had someone in her family who was killed.  My daughter in law was pregnant with my Grandson at the time.  I found it upsetting to see how upset my daughter in law was.  I worried that the stress might cause her to lose my Grandchild.  Thankfully, he wasn't lost.  Even today I feel I daren't ever again mention that event around my DiL.  It would be too painful for her.  My heart goes out to all who lost  loved ones in that totally senseless tragedy.  May this never happen again.  :'(
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 10:41 BST (UK) »
Oh,RTL, what a sorrow, and how much more precious the baby will be ,over and above the love that comes anyway.
Hope you are finding your journey to work not too arduous,it is difficult anyway .
We plod on don’t we.
I had my children when very young ,20 in the case of number one son, but he is now 63 , second 61 and  daughter almost 53.
So they are knocking on a bit!
Well back to my bathroom ,done loads of fiddly bits which if neat and accurate give a really good finish.
It is looking yellow again on the small wall ,but not the ceiling edges where I have paid attention to get a crisp line next to wall tiles,so I can bash on with the roller and  not make a mess of it.
Not much news, except I am fed up with us pussy footing around ,I know trade etc will suffer but there will be no one needing pubs and restaurants
if we don’t get on top of this soon ,easy for me perhaps ,don’t lead a wild social life at the best of times.
What would I have been like had this happened in my youth?
Hard to say, but used to wartime restrictions I would have obeyed I imagine .
But there is no guarantee of that is there!
I would have done anything to see my boyfriend who became my OH.

Cheerio. Must fly ,have a date with a roller and some paint.
Viktoria.