Author Topic: Armstrong Lyon  (Read 317 times)

Offline daretodiscover

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Armstrong Lyon
« on: Tuesday 22 September 20 00:51 BST (UK) »
I wonder if someone can help me with an obituary for this man?

He was born in Philadelphia either 7 November or 7 December 1919, the son of Dr. Bethuel Boyd Vincent Lyon and Clara Armstrong. Enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force in Montreal in June of 1941. Married Helen Susette "Sue" Gale on 21 February 1942 at Quebec City.

Postwar, he returned to the US and enlisted in the USAF. On 19 July 1952 he married Elizabeth Clayton Foltz at the Overbrook Presbyterian Church in Philadelphia.

The SSDI states he passed in Missouri 26 May 1996. None of the St. Louis newspapers available on newspapers. com cover 1996.

Grateful for any assistance.

DTD

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Armstrong Lyon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 05:16 BST (UK) »
He also married Margaret Laurene Wilson age 24 -he was 28 on 15 April 1948 at Manners Sutton, York, New Brunswick Canada.
Gives his parents as B V Vincent Lyon and Clara.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Armstrong Lyon
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 12:30 BST (UK) »
There's an obituary index for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch here - https://cdm17210.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/p17210coll9 - but I did not see him. 

The SSDI has his last residence in Chesterfield, Missouri.  It looks like the Chesterfield library is within the St. Louis Co. system, so maybe you could contact a librarian there for advice.  It looks like their libraries are closed to the public due to COVID, but librarians can be contacted.  https://www.slcl.org/reopening