Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 22nd September  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 22nd September
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 15:17 BST (UK) »
Viktoria - you are a true breath of fresh air and your stories about your life is most interesting.... I hope you’re writing it all down for future generations..
I am in awe of your decorating skills... gardening attention and cooking... you are a true marvel and keep us all smiling.... just be careful and don’t fall off any ladders, stools or anything else you may be using!

Louisa - sorry to hear your wedding band is giving you so much trouble... the thought of having to get it cut off doesn’t bear thinking about after wearing it for all those years...I had very small fingers when I married at 21 and in my mid years after working for many years my fingers got larger and I had to have my band made larger... I felt bereft just having to leave it with the jeweller for a short time. I hope your finger reduces in size and you don’t have to have it cut off!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 16:16 BST (UK) »
Louisa Maud, I had the same problem with a gold ring, not a wedding ring but it's on a wide band. My knuckle was swollen and I just couldn't get the ring off, it was made worse by the fact that the weather was hot and my fingers were a little swollen because of that. I tried all the things I read online and had been soaking my hand in water as cold as I could stand it. A friend then said to me that I should soak my hand in hot water, I thought she was batty! However, if you use hot water the ring will expand rather than contracting as it does in cold water. I was about to try that but was having a last go at getting it off otherwise - I slathered my finger in Vaseline, over and under the ring and along my finger, then a firm pull and off it came! I thought I'd never be able to wear the ring again but I tried it a couple of months later and my finger had gone back to normal and I can wear the ring again.
I hope you manage to get it off without having to resort to cutting.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 16:59 BST (UK) »
Will try that, my finger is very painful right now so will leave it a couple of days, many thanks

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London