Author Topic: NHS Contact Tracing App  (Read 6238 times)

Offline John915

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NHS Contact Tracing App
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 29 October 20 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

I have the NHS covid app and have used it. However, it seems not all places with the QR codes use the same supplier of codes. For instance, when visiting my brothers flat in Hailsham I would take lunch at Costa's. The app cannot read their QR code, instead you get a msg saying that this may not be an NHS approved code. The choice then is to do it online at Costa's website or let one of the staff enter it on their ipad. Which I did and so did the 3 lots of older ladies who came in and found the app couldn't scan the QR code.

However, since OH watched a program about random testing at eating establishments for covid i'm steering clear of Costa's. They visited 8 random Costa's across the country without announcement where they swabbed chairs, tables etc and also random plates from the counter. Swabs taken from plates at 6 of these places when cultures were grown in the laboratory produced human faecal matter. In fact I may never use Costa's again but makes you wonder about other establishments staff cleanliness.

John915
Stephens, Fuller, Tedham, Bennett, Ransome (Sussex)
Rider (Fulham)
Stephens (Somerset)
Kentfield (Essex)

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NHS Contact Tracing App
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 29 October 20 22:15 GMT (UK) »
I went in 2 of our local Costas last week (sitting in) & they both had the NHS QR code as well as their own. On the first occasion I was with my daughter, the young lady told me everyone coming in had to scan the NHS code (we both had anyway) , but only one person had to do the Costa one as you then complete it online & put how many people are with you. Seemed a bit over the top to me to have to do both - but maybe it was an example of 'Norfolk doing different' as usual  ;D

John915 - Hideous findings on the cleanliness (lack of) on the tables etc - I always spread out a serviette or tissue on a cafe table anyway but think I might be avoiding Costa in future...  :-\
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area