Author Topic: NHS Contact Tracing App  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: NHS Contact Tracing App
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 18 October 20 14:32 BST (UK) »
Due to the latest announcement that the NHS are to release private information to the police in order that they may check the people who have tested positive to covid may be checked up on, I have now deleted both the English NHS app and the Scottish equivalent app from my phone. I have also informed the NHS that my contract with them ensure all information I gave them cannot be shared with third parties and that includes the police.

Until now I have been a supporter of the app and the covid rules but now the government are demanding the NHS break patient confidentiality they have crossed the line.

I have also emailed my MP to complain at this potential intrusion into my private life and will be complaining to the Information Commissioner tomorrow when their office opens.
This is a clear attack on personal freedom and cannot go unchallenged.

My individual complaint against this may not be worth much but if enough people complain about this further attack on privacy the government will have to take notice
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 18 October 20 15:30 BST (UK) »
Office of CMO Chris Whitty has "significant concerns" about this.
Cowban

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 18 October 20 15:45 BST (UK) »
I completely agree Guy and I've no doubt that there will be many people who delete the app due to this.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 18 October 20 15:46 BST (UK) »
I'm sure most of you thought I was off my head when I suggested that this kind of erosion of civil (and legal) rights would happen - but here it is.

Its insidious, its incremental - we will be told its for our own good and that, should we not conform, we will be responsible for people losing their lives, just as Andy Burnham has been told that, by sticking up for his people, their deaths will be on his conscience - not the government's.

Hats off to you, Guy.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 18 October 20 16:00 BST (UK) »
It was always the thin edge of the wedge and obvious that this was going to happen - the reason why I have refused to have anything to do with any of the NHS apps.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday 18 October 20 16:24 BST (UK) »
I haven't downloaded the app because I never trusted Serco not to share my data elsewhere.  My daughter thought I was being paranoid, but this just shows that there are times when mother knows best!  Well done, Guy, for letting us know about this, and for taking a stand on the matter of  Serco sharing personal data, despite the government's assurances that this would not happen.  I'm now wondering who else will be given access to it.  Very worrying indeed.

Regards
GS
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Sunday 18 October 20 16:31 BST (UK) »
I simply refuse to have a smartphone!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sunday 18 October 20 16:46 BST (UK) »
I simply refuse to have a smartphone!
TY

I couldn't do without my smart phone, it is so handy. I can do without the App though, so I've deleted it as I expect thousands will. Another waste of money!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 18 October 20 16:47 BST (UK) »
12 billion is the estimated cost of test and trace (sky news so may not be accurate)

Thatís a lot of money to discover that my phone gets left in the car and Maziís phone lives in my pocket cos ladies donít have pockets.

Mike