Author Topic: Risby family from Lavenham  (Read 343 times)

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Risby family from Lavenham
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 September 20 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,What a wonderful help you are thankyou so much,l am sure l can get further now,the gap l have still remains with Thomas Risby born 1630 in Lavenham died in Lavenham 1667,l agree it was weird that this Thomas died the same time my other Thomas was born.L found this on My Heritage family trees,it also said that ,the father was born 1580,unknown date of death,but agreed with our findings of the Thomas born in 1667-1719.on the same site there was anther Thomas born on 1700 who married Alice Carter,talk about chewing gum for the mind.!! l don't want to wander off course into brothers etc,l need to keep to main grandfathers,but once again many thanks,your experience is so helpful

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 15:22 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Annette

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 October 20 12:51 BST (UK) »
l don't want to wander off course into brothers etc,l need to keep to main grandfathers,

Sometimes it can be useful to move sideways in order to find out more about a family, as sometimes entries for births for example can contain different information.

I assume that My Heritage family trees are like other family trees found on the internet - they may or may not be accurate. It can only take a small error to veer off onto the wrong trail. Double check all findings is usually advised.

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 October 20 14:14 BST (UK) »
Yes thankyou l am probably doing just that,l will retrace my steps and check them,many thanks.