Author Topic: Risby family from Lavenham  (Read 1672 times)

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Risby family from Lavenham
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 27 September 20 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,What a wonderful help you are thankyou so much,l am sure l can get further now,the gap l have still remains with Thomas Risby born 1630 in Lavenham died in Lavenham 1667,l agree it was weird that this Thomas died the same time my other Thomas was born.L found this on My Heritage family trees,it also said that ,the father was born 1580,unknown date of death,but agreed with our findings of the Thomas born in 1667-1719.on the same site there was anther Thomas born on 1700 who married Alice Carter,talk about chewing gum for the mind.!! l don't want to wander off course into brothers etc,l need to keep to main grandfathers,but once again many thanks,your experience is so helpful

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 September 20 15:22 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Annette

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 October 20 12:51 BST (UK) »
l don't want to wander off course into brothers etc,l need to keep to main grandfathers,

Sometimes it can be useful to move sideways in order to find out more about a family, as sometimes entries for births for example can contain different information.

I assume that My Heritage family trees are like other family trees found on the internet - they may or may not be accurate. It can only take a small error to veer off onto the wrong trail. Double check all findings is usually advised.

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 October 20 14:14 BST (UK) »
Yes thankyou l am probably doing just that,l will retrace my steps and check them,many thanks.

Offline shan166

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 27 September 22 18:13 BST (UK) »
hi all, l seem to be stuck in 1580 with a lady called Mary Paston, she married Thomas Risby from Lavenham Sussex,l cannot find any details of her except her marriage any ideas how l may proceed, thanks

Offline Suffolk P

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 30 September 22 09:42 BST (UK) »
I am researching some deeds from 1612 for a group of houses in Church Street, Lavenham. I don't know if you have got much further with the Thomas Risbys, Shan166, but a deed dated January 23 1612 relates to a (now demolished) property close to Bear's Lane in which Mary Risbye (widow) lived with her late husband Thomas. I too found that her maiden name was Paston, and wondered if she was part of the Paston family of Norwich, whom I think were minor nobility. In some research it is said that Thomas Spring III had a connection by marriage to the Risbys. In the subsidy returns of 1568 a Thomas Rysby paid £10, the same amount as Nicolas Spring, the grandson of the Thomas Spring III.  I would be interested to find out if the Risbys had any connection to the other names I am finding in the deeds. They are
Katherine Kinge
Charles, Benjamin & Robert Crosse
William Hammond
Brian Leach
Ann Hayward
Mary, Peter and Elizabeth Salter

Offline Risbey19

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 15 January 23 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shan,

I have also been tracing back my family name and have landed on Thomas Risby from Lavenham born 1667, died 1719.

That is as far as I have got but would be curious to know if you find any further information going back as you have hinted here as likely we share the same ancestor.