Author Topic: Diary > Thursday 24th September  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Thursday 24th September
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 September 20 13:47 BST (UK) »
Good day everyone - I use the term loosely since it's raining and blowing a hooley.  ASDA delivery just came and safely put away (Friday).

What happened Thursday - not a lot as far as I'm concerned.   Just can't get motivated when it is nasty outside - need bright skies to give me some impetus.

Finished off baby jacket number 2 and now to sew them both up. 

Wish supermarkets wouldn't formally announce they were limiting certain items - all that does is send a message to those that were bulk buying initially to do it again.   Since I live alone I don't get through a huge amount of toilet paper but in the early days I had trouble getting any.   My sister was finally able get me some from a cut-price store (pack of 9 which I was so grateful for).   Although I had amended my order due today I decided to be prepared and ordered a pack of 4 (no bulk buy as have a few rolls in hand) just before 10pm cut-off time.   I did get a pack of 4 but a substitute for the one I wanted.  At least I now have some - probably the people bulk-buying are the ones who flout the COVID rules too - self, self, self.   Sorry but these people make me so mad.

Chicken hotpot with vegetables and a small chocolate dessert.  Watched some house renovation TV (wish they'd come and do my flat) and completed the current knitting project.   Now to decide what pattern to use next.

Meeting friends for lunch tomorrow which will be nice but this nasty weather to continue for days.   We'll all look like the wreck of the 'Hesperus' just walking from the car into the establishment.   Happy days! 

Stay safe.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 September 20 15:21 BST (UK) »
Caroline, I agree with Mowsehowse, you have been doing a fantastic job with the scrubs and now rainbow ones, you deserve a medal.  :) All of those then cordon bleu cooking too.

Mowsehowse - oh dear! I wonder if H is wearing the dark green paint now! Good to hear that you're finding a way round the restrictions with your dance group.

Viktoria, if the person you're trying to get in contact with is still a Rootschat member their profile will tell you when they were last online. If they're still a member perhaps you can send them a personal message to say that you haven't been able to contact them by email.

Annette, I know what you mean about needing bright skies, I've been that way too but since I started going for a daily walk I've often found that it's brighter outside than it seems to be from in the house and it does lift my spirits to get out in the fresh air. I think it's going to become even more important now as the days shorten and our possible outings are so restricted anyway. Hope you can manage to drag yourself out.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 September 20 18:02 BST (UK) »
Well done Flash Harry, from what  I have seen of my 2 grandchildren,  one of each sex they are both different, H right from an early age was keen to learn, she should have been at school at 4 years old she was so bright, her younger brother on the other hand is so relaxed didnt really want to do his homework and wasn't pushed, mistake, H was never pushed and did a mensa test, was just put in for it, got more marks than the teacher, what a hoot?, did very well on her A 'levels  and is now at university, but I do worry now about the state of things if she will aspire to what she wanted,  L poor kid is struggling a bit, a real shame as being a male he needs to shape up for a job for life,  he is a smashing chap,  my grandaughter would tell me off for saying that  but he needs to do well
So, keep flashHarry at it, can be done with fun without realising  they are being pushed a bit
Gold star from me Flash Harry

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 September 20 19:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks,
His Mummy is a well trained Nursery Nurse with lots of extra qualifications .
A patient calm girl.
His Daddy ,my grandson ,was bullied terribly at school , a quiet sensitive child
somewhat bullied by his father ,not any longer my son in law!
He gets on famously with his step father.
Did not do well at school ,too upset but blossomed at college and  being something of a stickler for details everything he does is perfection .
They have grown up to be responsible people,he and  his sister,the cake baking accountant ,
I am not boasting you understand ,I am however a well known liar! ;D ;D ;D

I feel so good, OK not a big room but I have done the bathroom walls and ceiling and the colour is good and the paint was lovely to use , from Wilko’s .
Not a big job to rub down the door and skirting ,undercoat and
eggshell finish.
Smug I think is the word !

It is so much cooler. Nearly time for winter duvet.

Will I bake for MacMilan?
I will have to give it away ,don’t  do much sugar.
I hope you have all had a good day,especially those still working like
River Tyne Lass.
Such a journey!
Cheerio, I must say I am covered in paint ,abd being bathroom paint more more stubborn  then usual emulsion to remove.
Hot bath tomorrow when paint properly dry.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 September 20 23:10 BST (UK) »
Viktoria-  Well I can see where your family Get their industry from if your exploits are anything to go by... well done you for almost completed bathroom... I wouldn’t know where to start...
Your little FH sound a real character... taking after his great granny!!
My youngest grandson has just completed his first week in Reception class... think the first day he cane home cream crackered...looking forward to talking to them at the W/e to hear all about it...

Hope you get your garage door and your carpet sorted Mowsehowse.... the difficulty of leaving men on their own to do things sometimes can turn to complete custard!

Annette- hope you enjoy  your lunch out tomorrow... think it could be a bit blustery...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 September 20 07:24 BST (UK) »
Very impressive Victoria. You will enjoy your cheery fresh bathroom. Well done.

The carpet will have to be replaced, not only do we have paint blotches, but measures taken to remove paint have left patches and stains too.

Caroline, I have to say custard isn't the word which sprang to mind. :-X
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 September 20 07:54 BST (UK) »
Mowsehowse - well I know custard probably isn’t your first choice of words! Probably better than some I could think of though 😬...
If I had done something like that I’d be lucky to still be alive..... but when men do somehow it’s altogether different.....
Look on the bright side at least you’ll get a new carpet  even if you didn’t want one in the first place ....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 September 20 08:00 BST (UK) »
Quite so Caroline!! :-\
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 September 20 10:17 BST (UK) »
Well,Saturday again,where do the weeks go !
Bright bright sunshine this morning but the WIND!
Icy cold and fierce. Got some washing in,it will be dancing on the line  in a
little while.That gives me such satisfaction.

I managed to contact email friend ,it was my error.
I substituted an i for a j.
All is well ,roobarb’s suggestion was the solution.
Just as a precaution I made sure they have contacts with someone nearby.
That is O.K too.

What busy people you are ,sewing,walking,art classes, gardening, cooking.
I truly feel for those in flats without gardens or a view at street level.

I can imagine Christmas will be chaos ,think of the usual mad dashes etc!
I now give money ,then at the January sales good bargains can be found.
They get something they want then.
Flash Harry excepted.
We try to co ordinate his presents ,so he doesn’t get too much but what he does get fits in with what he has..
I must ask if he has a farm , there is a lovely Noah’s Ark I know.
At his school, each day has a dress code, to save time and close contact .
So Monday uniform,Tuesday PE kit ,Weds outdoor play and  forest walks etc etc.It was raining last week on Forest day,well he went to a forest Nursery  so is used to the rain etc .The teacher said it was obvious which children  had
been used to the great outdoors .

Tesco delivery this evening between 8-9 .
But no bags this time, so washing baskets mustered ready.
Will clean the fridge in a little while.
Ordered some corn bread ,,used to get it in Belgium,.
Also some flexible sealant for the bathroom .
We have( had) a super hardware shop here, very obliging and give good advice.Maybe a bit dearer than B&Q  but friendly and available —— usually—— nope they have not been forced to close
Just had  the shop front rebuilt,ram raiders -probably  after expensive tools etc..Then all THIS started.
I will phone to see ,a few other things I need, they pass my road on their way home and often drop things off, soil .paint etc.
They deserve to survive.
Well a good day hopefully to you all, we are all coping well ,some with difficult
situations to overcome but hanging on in there , much to be thankful for and all deserving a pat on the back, even is self administered.
Love your daily comings  and  goings , not up to Pepys  standard perhaps but we don’t have to write our naughtinesses  in code as he did!
Cheerio, the washer seems quiet ,so I will  brave the elements and hang out the washing on the garden line.There is a song in there somewhere! ;D
Viktoria.