Author Topic: Looking For For Findmypast Discount Subs  (Read 2517 times)

Offline justmej

• RootsChat Senior
  • 578 Squadron Memorial Balkholme East Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For For Findmypast Discount Subs
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 October 20 22:16 BST (UK) »
You're welcome BugBear. 

I'm pleased the link worked for you so you were able to save some money.

justmej
Brumby and Cheeseman (Louth, Lincs)
Brumby, Clark, Smith & Young (Sunderland, Co.Durham)
Cowing, Foster, Hudspith, Kilgour, Patterson, Pattinson, Pringle & Robinson (Northumberland)
Douglas, Laurence, McQueen, Moffat & Pringle (Scotland)
Hall, Harding (Hollinside), Maugham/Maughan & McQueen (Whickham, Co.Durham)
Oliver & Stark (Co.Durham, Northumberland & Scotland)

Offline slippery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 09 October 20 16:47 BST (UK) »
Ancestry and FindMyPast

Coronavirus update:
Ancestry and Find My Past have temporarily made their sites available to library members from home. Please login to your library account for full details.

Joining the library online now provides you access to the Times Digital Archive and British Library 19th century Newspapers so you no longer have to collect a card from the library to use them

Biographical, historical and family history
A wealth of information whether you want to explore the great events of the past, are tracing your own family history or just want to find out about a well-known person.

Ancestry Library Edition
Masses of information for family history researchers, including census records, births marriages and deaths and much more.

Ancestry Library Edition available in the library only
Login to your library account for details of how to access the site from home.

British Library 19th century Newspapers
Selected content from national and local newspapers.

British Library 19th century Newspapers available in the library and at home
The British Newspaper Archive
Millions of digitised British newspaper pages from the British Library's vast collection.

The British Newspaper Archive available in the library only
Find my past

Peter

Offline normamac

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 October 20 04:02 BST (UK) »

Offline justmej

• RootsChat Senior
  • 578 Squadron Memorial Balkholme East Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 October 20 22:53 BST (UK) »
Good to hear that the link also worked for you Norma.  I waited to see if they offered any more than the 30%.  A reminder today offered the same 30% discount, so thought I had better renew before I missed it, so have just renewed the 12 months Pro subscription myself  ;)

justmej
Brumby and Cheeseman (Louth, Lincs)
Brumby, Clark, Smith & Young (Sunderland, Co.Durham)
Cowing, Foster, Hudspith, Kilgour, Patterson, Pattinson, Pringle & Robinson (Northumberland)
Douglas, Laurence, McQueen, Moffat & Pringle (Scotland)
Hall, Harding (Hollinside), Maugham/Maughan & McQueen (Whickham, Co.Durham)
Oliver & Stark (Co.Durham, Northumberland & Scotland)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 13:30 BST (UK) »
Ancestry and FindMyPast

Coronavirus update:
Ancestry and Find My Past have temporarily made their sites available to library members from home. Please login to your library account for full details.

Which library is that?
My library (Oxfordshire) is giving home access to Ancestry, but not to Find My Past.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 15:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip.  My county library is giving free access to ancestry but ancestry is only offering free access to the county records.

Free access is given to all of findmypast records and I've spent a couple of hours enjoying some success. 
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 16:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip.  My county library is giving free access to ancestry but ancestry is only offering free access to the county records.

Free access is given to all of findmypast records and I've spent a couple of hours enjoying some success.
So which library is that?
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 17:30 BST (UK) »

So which library is that?

My local town library webpage links to the Lancashire county library.

There's quite a palaver getting to the appropriate webpage that gives links to ancestry and FindMyPast.

Here's the link :-
https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries-and-archives/libraries/digital-library/?page=5
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 19:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks .... I see anyone can join the library but alas, it looks as though access to subscription services is only available to county residents.