Author Topic: "Who do you think you are?" October  (Read 11309 times)

Offline durhamgirl73

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Who do you think you are?" October
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 26 September 20 15:24 BST (UK) »
was with reference to Romilly's Welsh programme  ;D

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 26 September 20 15:41 BST (UK) »
OK. But links there if anyone needs them.

Iplayer does seem to get rid of things quickly. Going off topic here, but BBC Scotland did a short series on Glasgow Central Station, and I caught most of the episodes but the one I really wanted (where they go underneath and find the hidden unused platforms), was missing. (There are some on Youtube but I've no idea which is the right one). Good luck finding the slate mining programme.
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline ms_canuck

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 26 September 20 16:05 BST (UK) »
Glad to see a new WDYTYA series coming!  I will watch for it on iPlayer (my only access to BBC TV unfortunately).

There is also an excellent American genealogy series called "Finding your roots"  - there are a lot of full episodes on YouTube.  It's hosted by Henry Louis Gates Jr., and while the main focus is on black history, not all the episodes are about that.  He usually has 2-3 celeb guests, and he walks them through their ancestry by means of a 'Life Book'.  At the end of the show, they are each presented with a beautiful chart of their ancestry.

Ms_C
1. Paul - Guernsey 1801
2. Ettenton / Eltenton - Guernsey 1806

Offline durhamgirl73

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 12:20 BST (UK) »
Who Do You Think You Are? starts on Monday 12 October - first episode Jodie Whittaker

1/5 - thought it was a 4 part series - wonder who/what the fifth episode is about

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 12:41 BST (UK) »
Ronnie Wood, hopefully!
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 13:27 BST (UK) »
Chris_49

I believe that the BBC show about Glasgow Central Station is or is going to be shown on the Yesterday TV channel.

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 15:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much. Unfortunately that's only on Sky, isn't it?

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 15:11 BST (UK) »
Just Googled, it's now back, since April. Channel 75 - I never get that far down Freeview! Thanks

guest189040

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 15:34 BST (UK) »
Great news.

Got me thinking of the high’s and low’s of past episodes.

Mathew Pinssent, all the way back to God

Sir Patrick Stewart, WW1 trauma

Ainsley Harriot, GGF was not a slave but a white slave owner.

Alistair McGowan, finds he has a large Indian family still bearing the family name.

Kim Catterall, life and times of a Scouser family

Chris Moyles and life in the slums was the most depressing

Finally

Danny Dyer, XGreat Grandson of King Edward III, PRICELESS.