Author Topic: "Who do you think you are?" October  (Read 11326 times)

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: "Who do you think you are?" October
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 September 20 18:33 BST (UK) »
Something to look forward to. At least 4 people I actually know of.

Thanks for posting

Offline durhamgirl73

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 September 20 19:03 BST (UK) »
Radio Times online :

"Broadchurch and Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker will face “some fraught family history” when Who Do You Think You Are? returns to BBC One with a four-part series in October."

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 September 20 19:59 BST (UK) »
I don't know if they're going to show the one on Ronnie Wood and his canal boating ancestors, which they should have in the can - especially since it seems a shortish list otherwise
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline turramurra

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 September 20 22:16 BST (UK) »
"Who Do You Think You Are?" offers us all the possibility of understanding new research.
This program has been helpful to introduce people to discovering their own family history.
Yes it all comes polished without years of brick walls and frustrations of travelling down the tracks of dead ends (like most of our journeys), but it is always interesting and ventures into places unknown.

Through this program I have learnt much of my ancestors' social history.
Convicts transported to the great South Land of Australia, the Industrial North of England, the laws of bankruptcy and the shocking world wards which killed millions.
I hope one day  the WDYTYA? team would show an ordinary person and their frustrations and delights as they rediscover who they are.
We are like be to seen and known ..

Thank you to all at roots web for years of encouraging support.
Turramurra
P.S.
Still hopeful my Prussian ancestor had blue blood !!

HALSTEAD Essex, Australia,EVERETT Essex,  BIDDLE, Leicester and Rome Italy, GRUNOW, Adolph b1858 Berlin Germany
Soratapassenger on  ship to Australia 1800 , PICKUP Lanc, NICOL Sct, Joseph Smith and Margaret Holmes Convicts to Australia 2nd fleet and 3rd fleet

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 September 20 04:04 BST (UK) »
I remember one episode being filmed in Harrods and I was there as a spectator with my Mother.

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 September 20 04:06 BST (UK) »
Oops I made a boo boo it was "What's my Line".

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 September 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
"Who Do You Think You Are?" offers us all the possibility of understanding new research.
This program has been helpful to introduce people to discovering their own family history.
Yes it all comes polished without years of brick walls and frustrations of travelling down the tracks of dead ends (like most of our journeys), but it is always interesting and ventures into places unknown.

Through this program I have learnt much of my ancestors' social history.
Convicts transported to the great South Land of Australia, the Industrial North of England, the laws of bankruptcy and the shocking world wards which killed millions.
I hope one day  the WDYTYA? team would show an ordinary person and their frustrations and delights as they rediscover who they are.
We are like be to seen and known ..

Thank you to all at roots web for years of encouraging support.
Turramurra
P.S.
Still hopeful my Prussian ancestor had blue blood !!

BBC Scotland did a show where they had everyday people doing research on their family.  Wish I could remember what it was called and wish they would make a new series.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 September 20 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Pharma
Was that the one called ‘The Generation Frame‘ ?
I really enjoyed that series. They helped people out with the work they had already started and then they were presented with a stunning piece of artwork at the end depicting the main people discovered in their research.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 September 20 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Pharma
Was that the one called ‘The Generation Frame‘ ?
I really enjoyed that series. They helped people out with the work they had already started and then they were presented with a stunning piece of artwork at the end depicting the main people discovered in their research.

That was it, thank you.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others