Author Topic: Updated Ancestry messaging  (Read 1075 times)

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Ancestry messaging
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 October 20 16:18 BST (UK) »
Another annoying irritating bug which I have phoned them twice on since this new system came in is.
I belong to Ancestry Canada.  ancestry.ca.   To read a message I click on it and I have to sign in again and it takes me to Ancestry.com.   
You always get the run around when you are on the phone with them.
Jim it is basically the same bug as I posted above. You can get around it by clicking 'see all messages' instead of individual messages.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 November 20 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Has anybody figured this one out?

I send somebody a message via Ancestry
They reply - no further contact needed

I can delete the message I sent - little trash box appears at side.  However - I can’t delete the reply

When the new messaging system was introduced - all my messages back to 2013 suddenly reappeared even though I  had “permanently” deleted them under the old system

Have emailed Ancestry & also gave adverse comments on their survey but still no reply
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 July 21 17:27 BST (UK) »
Another annoying irritating bug which I have phoned them twice on since this new system came in is.
I belong to Ancestry Canada.  ancestry.ca.   To read a message I click on it and I have to sign in again and it takes me to Ancestry.com.   
You always get the run around when you are on the phone with them.
Well they have fixed this one at least. I am just getting totally fed up with the 'system' now as people, especially people new to Ancestry or who only use the site rarely, may think that the system is working, because every now and then they do get an email saying they have a new message. But as far as I can tell, whether you get an email or if you don't, seems completely random, and more often you just don't get an email alerting you. So people may get an alert for one message and then reply, but then not get any alerts about your replies back, and they think you haven't responded :(. I think the only sensible way to make useful contact is to try and get people off onto email or whatsapp etc. as soon as possible so you can bypass Ancestry's useless messaging system >:(.