Author Topic: Hutchison/Hutchinson  (Read 1583 times)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
Re: Hutchison/Hutchinson
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 October 20 14:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, I got excited for a minute, so researched further. Henry b 1766 died aged 2 in 1768 , maybe there’s something from the other male lines. You worked so hard too!!
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 October 20 14:09 BST (UK) »
The Henry aged 13 on the 1841 census is a complete mystery . The people he is living with are too old to be his parents . I don’t think he is a grandson, as none of the generation above would be old enough to have a 13 year old son at that time, so who is he?
If he was 13 in 1841, he was born 1827/1828. Rebecca b 1804 is old enough to have been his mother, and Henry b 1806 or Richard b 1809 would have been old enough to be his father.

Yes, you’re right, I was having a senior moment. However , I have all the info on Rebecca, Henry and Richard and have never found a son Henry for any of them

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 October 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
The Henry aged 13 on the 1841 census is a complete mystery . The people he is living with are too old to be his parents . I don’t think he is a grandson, as none of the generation above would be old enough to have a 13 year old son at that time, so who is he?
If he was 13 in 1841, he was born 1827/1828. Rebecca b 1804 is old enough to have been his mother, and Henry b 1806 or Richard b 1809 would have been old enough to be his father.

Yes, you’re right, I was having a senior moment. However , I have all the info on Rebecca, Henry and Richard and have never found a son Henry for any of them
He could have been illegitimate.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 October 20 17:31 BST (UK) »
I guess this is Catherine who was on the 1841 census.

Catherine Burton age 23
Marriage Date:   26 Nov 1843
Marriage Place:   St. Gluvias, Cornwall, England
Father:   Henry Burton
Spouse:   Henry Dunstone

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 October 20 20:03 BST (UK) »
I guess this is Catherine who was on the 1841 census.

Catherine Burton age 23
Marriage Date:   26 Nov 1843
Marriage Place:   St. Gluvias, Cornwall, England
Father:   Henry Burton
Spouse:   Henry Dunstone

Colin
Yes, I have her, but there so many unanswered questions in this line of my family. I have never found Henry Burtons parentage for aforementioned reasons. His wife Elizabeth Tayl(d)or is also a mystery, never found her parentage . My gt gt grandfather Henry has no death record and then there is the young Henry aged 13 on the 1841 census. Who is he? Twenty years later ,I still have no answers and they aren’t even that far back!!
Thanks so much for all your ongoing help

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 October 20 11:58 BST (UK) »
1861 Elizabeth Burton 78 Lodger born: Falmouth, Cornwall, Pauper in receipt of Parochial Relief.

Only record on Ancestry Betsy Taylor born 24 Jan 1780 baptised 19 Feb 1780 Falmouth.
Parents John & Mary. Died age 83 below (1779)

BURTON, ELIZABETH       83 
GRO Reference: 1862  J Quarter in FALMOUTH UNION  Volume 05C  Page 14

Baptism also on Freereg plus Mary 1773, William 1777.

Marriage John TAYLOR Mariner of Milor (Presume Mylor Churchtown Falmouth) Freereg.

Mary FRENCH   30 May 1772   Cornwall   Falmouth : King Charles the Martyr

Colin
PS Still looking for Henry.
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.