Author Topic: Lincs to the Past  (Read 697 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Lincs to the Past
« on: Thursday 01 October 20 14:40 BST (UK) »
I have just tried to view an image on Lincs and it is coming up with "Adobe flashplayer is blocked" Any ideas please how I can unblock it?
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lincs to the Past
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 October 20 15:59 BST (UK) »
If this is in Chrome (the message you quote matches what I see there) you have two options:

1. click the padlock at the left hand end of the address bar, and at the bottom of the menu select Site Settings. Here you can set Lincs to the Past to allow Flash - and as far as I know, this is a permanent setting.

2. click the jigsaw icon with a red X towards the right of the address bar, then Manage. Here it appears you can allow Flash for any site until you close the browser.

Since Flash is inherently rather insecure the first option is better as it doesn't automatically allow Flash on random sites that you might visit later.

In Firefox you have to explicitly allow Flash for each site the first time you visit it in a session (with the brick icon towards the left of the address bar), and it remembers that until you close the browser.

Flash will be unsupported from the end of this year, and browsers will probably simply not run it. There was a recent thread about this in relation to Lincs to the Past, and I believe it was said that they are working on a new version of the site that doesn't use Flash.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 October 20 14:02 BST (UK) »
See earlier post on this subject

Link
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=836582.

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 October 20 15:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks AllanUK - I didn't have time to go looking for that yesterday.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 October 20 09:21 BST (UK) »
Arthurk, many thanks your number one option worked and I am in  ;)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley