Author Topic: Flahy  (Read 870 times)

Offline Michala

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Flahy
« on: Friday 02 October 20 11:02 BST (UK) »
Trying to find info on Mary flahy, married a James kehoe, she was born about 1780. Any help would be much appreciated.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Flahy
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:27 BST (UK) »
Trying to find info on Mary flahy, married a James kehoe, she was born about 1780. Any help would be much appreciated.

This is a classic example of an enquiry where you make it very difficult to help you - you provide no context, no detail!
- Why do you think she is connected to Wexford?
- Religion?
- Where did she end up
- What was her station in life?
- Why are you only asking about her, but not her husband?

All of these sort of details help to form a picture of where she might be from.

For what is is worth, your best bet is New Ross, but 1780 is before start of Catholic registers.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Michala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:41 BST (UK) »
Sorry it was the only info I had from another family tree. They had a daughter Margaret kehoe who was born in Wexford and baptised in Old Ross, Carnagh, Ballyanne and Cushinstown, Wexford in 1801

Offline Michala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:44 BST (UK) »
James kehoe died Nov 1868 • Ballycullane, Tintern, Wexford, Ireland, Margaret the daughter ended up in Falmouth but I have no more info on James kehoe or Mary flahy.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry it was the only info I had from another family tree. They had a daughter Margaret kehoe who was born in Wexford and baptised in Old Ross, Carnagh, Ballyanne and Cushinstown, Wexford in 1801

Looks like my guess was a good one!

Well, you are in luck. Old Ross records start earlier than the New Ross ones - makes sense, right? Start 1759.
So, just start looking through the Old Ross parish registers online on on the NLI website. Or use subscription service.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:50 BST (UK) »
James kehoe died Nov 1868 • Ballycullane, Tintern, Wexford, Ireland, Margaret the daughter ended up in Falmouth but I have no more info on James kehoe or Mary flahy.

James Kehoe is a common name. Why do you think the chap who died in Ballycullane in 1868 is the same person as the James Kehoe of Old Ross in 1801? Absent some specific link, the chances that they are the same person are very slim.

Offline Michala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:54 BST (UK) »
The only info that I have that is correct to my belief is the baptism of their daughter Margaret, the other info I got from ancestors family trees.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:57 BST (UK) »
The only info that I have that is correct to my belief is the baptism of their daughter Margaret, the other info I got from ancestors family trees.

You mean a contemporary family tree written by an ancestor?
Or someone else's modern family tree on Ancestry or elsewhere? The latter can be meaningless.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 October 20 18:58 BST (UK) »
This record looks to have been transcribed so easy to read  ;)
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000634005#page/27/mode/1up

Just a warning, if you have taken this from a tree, often the records are not evidenced.

The above record is the one you mention so hopefully you have other records.

Looking at the records on a subscription site there are other Margaret Kehoes Born around the same time.
1799 - parents John and Bridget, New Ross
1803 - parents Thomas and Mary, Old Ross
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk