Author Topic: The Globe, Boro’ Market  (Read 539 times)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: The Globe, Boro’ Market
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 October 20 08:39 BST (UK) »

Offline Alandal

• RootsChat Member
  • "We Three Hales"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 October 20 18:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all for your suggestions and contributions.  It looks like I will need to take some time out to track down the Verification Marks as one list shows it to be a Birmingham Mark and another (more likely) to be a Batterea Mark, but have been unable to get any dating to go with it.

I will also put together a family tree for the Turpin Globe Landlaord, to get a better idea of when it was in use (this will not a the firsttime I have created a family tree, asthis was done a few years ago to find out about a family of clockmakes inscribed on an old grandfather clock !).

Al & Al
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Surnames : Buss (Kent), D'Alton (Wimbledon), Millington (Hawarden), Hales (Kent), Mackie (Guernsey), Rabjohns (Devon), Roberts (Norfolk), Roser (Kent), Stevens (Buckinghamshire and Middlesex), Townshend (Norfolk), Weatherburn, Whiddett (Kent), Young (Kent)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 October 20 19:39 BST (UK) »
The same site with the verification marks also offers to help people identify their old pewter

https://www.pewtersociety.org/identifying-and-collecting-pewter/help-identification

Good luck!