Author Topic: Elizabeth Parker Ingerson help needed please  (Read 743 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Parker Ingerson help needed please
« on: Monday 05 October 20 22:47 BST (UK) »
I hope ive posted in correct place ??
so we have the husbands 3rd gt grandmother, Elizabeth Parker Ingerson , now who is she ?? can anyone help sort out the mess i find myself in?

i have Elizabeth marrying William Trayford 12th April 1869 in Guisborough, they have a few children :
William b 1869-1870
Caroline Ellen b 1871 -1928 (husbands 2nd gt granny)
Adele Mary b1873-1913
Frederick William b1878 -1953

now 1871 census i have found says Elizabeth born Kirton Lincolnshire and 2 other children on there :
daughter Elizabeth A Trayford aged 11 (1860)
Levi Trayford aged 4 (1867)

1881census has them with children Levi, Caroline, Adele and Frederick

i found a baptism30th Sept 1838 Kirton in Holland Lincoln to parents Harry Parker Ingerson and Ann

i also found 1851 census of her with parents in Kirton Lincolnshre with siblings Ann, Henry Parker, Mary Parker.

now here gets tricky :)

i cannot find any other census for her before marriage, however obviously 2 children born before her marriage and then it gets a bit confusing
her daughter Elizabeth Ann Trayford marries a David Barker - several people have this on there trees, the 1891 census with David also suggests its daughter withher children. but when i look for marriage to David i get this :-

England Select marriages :
Elizabeth Ann Parker Ingerson
Born 1860
Marrige 23rd May 1881 Holy trinity Stockton on Tees Durham
Spouse David Barker
Father Alexander Ingerson

so did Elizaberth Parker Ingerson have Elizabeth and Levi to someone else before marrying Wiilliam Trayford, or are they his children for some reason marriage wasnt able to take place and who is Alexander Ingerson - why ??

Thankyou Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Parker Ingerson help needed please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 October 20 23:00 BST (UK) »
i cannot find any other census for her before marriage, however obviously 2 children born before her marriage and then it gets a bit confusing

Levi was registered as Trayford - no mothers maiden name so he was illegitimate

Have you checked the 1861 for Elizabeth - she should have dtr Elizabeth with her
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 October 20 23:04 BST (UK) »
How would you know this without birth cert? mothers maiden name was not entered on index till 1912 i thought ?

weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 October 20 23:07 BST (UK) »
How would you know this without birth cert? mothers maiden name was not entered on index till 1912 i thought

Look up the birth reference on freebmd then use GRO online.  It has been possible to check for mmn that way for about 3yrs now

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

http://blog.ancestorcloud.com/2017/01/13/the-new-gro-searchable-database/

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 October 20 23:13 BST (UK) »
Ahhh Thankyou

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 October 20 23:20 BST (UK) »
From freebmd

Births December qtr 1859   
Ingerson    Elizabeth Ann    Boston    7a   353

No mothers maiden name.  Alexander was probably a fictional fathers name.  Many illegitimate children made up a fathers name when they married in order to appear "respectable"

Offline Spelk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pit Yacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 00:45 BST (UK) »
Checking the birth of Elizabeth Ann INGERSON in GRO index she was born q4 1859 mmn blank Boston district 7a 353so looks like she was illegitimate and likely a daughter of Elizabeth Parker INGERSON. Chances are that she knew the name of her father and he was called Alexander. Finding his surname could be tricky but there may be a hint on her birth certificate or her baptism.

Looking at the baptism in FindMyPast she was baptised 23 March 1860 as Elizabeth Ann daur. of Elizabeth INGERSON, at St Botolph, Boston, abode Boston. What is odd is that there are over 20 baptisms on the same day and most of them illegitimate. Seems like someone was doing some “cleaning up” of records.

In the 1841 census the family are going by the surname PARKER not INGERSON. That may be just a mistake by the Enumerator.

1861 census, Wellington St., Kirton
Ann Parker (indexed as Barker in FindMyPast) INGERSON Head Wid 57 Union Relief LIN Kirton
Henry do son Unm 15 Brick Layers Lab LIN do
(Henry died in Marske, Guisbro district 1865)

Cannot locate Elizabeth Parker INGERSON and her daughter in 1861.

PS I see the birth of Levi in q2 1867 has him as Levi Trayford TRAYFORD which suggests some confusion about his name.

Offline Spelk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pit Yacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 October 20 10:14 BST (UK) »
PPS 6th Oct - looking for man named Alexander in Boston in 1861
1861 census, Liquor Pond St., Boston
Alexander WATT Head Mar 28 Travelling Draper Scotland.
Mary Ann P. do Wife Mar 25 Kent Sheerness
Fanny OGDEN Serv. Unm 16 General Serv. LIN Shirbeck
James F MILLIGAN Lodger Unm 28 Draper Scotland

Marriage q3 1860 Boston 7a 523
Alexander WATT and Mary Ann Phoebe LARGE or Betsey ALLEN.

Stamford Mercury 14 Sep 1860 - Marriages
At the parish church, Boston, yesterday (Thursday), Mr Alexander WATT, draper, of Gainsboro’, to Mary Ann Phoebe LARGE, of Boston.

So Alexander WATT is possible though it could have been any other Scot called Alexander sailing up and down the coast and dropping into Boston.

A DNA test might sort it out. Depends on the father of the child or his close relatives having descendants who have taken a DNA test. Alexander WATT and his wife had 5 children born in Boston by 1871.

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 08 October 20 10:17 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for this . will look into this further

Weenie