Author Topic: England registration world war 2  (Read 1345 times)

Offline zetlander

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England registration world war 2
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 October 20 17:22 BST (UK) »
looks as if both sets of twins were not Robert's children. 
You say Robert returned form the war 'late 1944' - the second set were probably conceived mid or early 1944 when Robert wasn't around.
Strong possibility that both sets of twins had the same father.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 October 20 08:01 BST (UK) »
If you have not already done so a family member should apply for Robert’s Army papers. These are very detailed ( well my father’s papers are). These will show where he was around the  time of conception of both sets of twins and when he was discharged from Army service.

Online Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 October 20 19:28 BST (UK) »
Although we still don't have the address the Gainsborough Reg District includes Gate Burton Hall (a few miles south towars Lincoln), which was used as a maternity hospital during the war for the people of Hull.

Offline lessanders

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 April 21 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Samantha,

My name is Les Sanders and my mother was Kathleen Bruines. She was the younger sister of Edna Bruines. Edna had a few children and one of them was Brian who we later found out was a twin. His twin was Sally I believe and was given up for adoption in 1944. I was born in 1940's and only found out about Sally in around 1990 when my Auntie Edna died. I met Sally at Brian's wife Christine's funeral in 2008 (not sure) and also at Brian's funeral in 2015 so I could give you some information.
As far as I know Robert was in Burma during 1943 and was posted as missing in action. So Edna must have had an affair and was pregnant with Brian and Sally. Brian only found out in the 1990s when his daughter was doing research into genealogy. Let me know if you want anye more info.
Best Regards Les Sanders