Author Topic: Uffculme Wills  (Read 493 times)

Offline Kessa

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Uffculme Wills
« on: Wednesday 07 October 20 06:14 BST (UK) »
Hi
Would anyone have a copy of vol 40 of the Devon & Cornwall Record Society publications - The Uffculme Wills and Inventories, 16th to 18th centuries and could do a lookup for me please?  I am looking for the surname Bowerman and variants.
Many thanks
Kessa
Australia
Alexander, Edwards, Rutledge, Parker, Wood, Orchard, Henwood, Craig of Australia

Offline DOB7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • SQUANCE family motto - Be wise and keep quiet
    • View Profile
Re: Uffculme Wills
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 October 20 19:40 BST (UK) »
You may find this site useful - it contains many BOWERMAN listings https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DEV/DevonWillsProject/DWP-Bl-Bo
Squance, Lillicrap, Dankester, Surtees, Yates

Offline Kessa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 October 20 20:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you I have seen this site but it is in the book on Uffculme wills that I am hoping for a look up.
Alexander, Edwards, Rutledge, Parker, Wood, Orchard, Henwood, Craig of Australia

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 October 20 16:46 BST (UK) »
Anstice Bowerman 1673 - admon, admin John Greene weaver
Sarah Bowerman 1827 - admon, husband Giles of Tivertin scrivener as admin, also William Dickinson and William Sweetland, gentlemen of Uffculme
William Bowerman 1845 blacksmith; apparel and watch to James Duckham son of John D of Shirehampton, Glos; everything else to wife Hannah; there's more detail if you want it.
Henry Bowrman 1640 husbandman: will is a PCC will, so you can get it from TNA for nothing at the moment. Names daughter Bridget as executrix and to inherit residue; others Thamsen (wife); Bridget Thorne (mother-in-law); sister Elizabeth wife of Richard Mitchell; sister Elizabeth wife of Roger Bull of Hemiocke; Roger and Alice, children of Roger Bull; brother Edward Bowerman of Cullompton; goddaughter Cattren Chollie.
Several other mentions of the surname but as witnesses or admins.
Hope this is helpful
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline Kessa

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 October 20 00:40 BST (UK) »
This is extremely helpful, thank you so much for your kindness.
Kessa