Author Topic: Urbani family from Italy  (Read 525 times)

Offline Sonia Gardener

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Urbani family from Italy
« on: Wednesday 07 October 20 13:10 BST (UK) »
I am looking for some help please in finding Italian ancestors.

I have tracked back to Valentine Urbani born Italy abt. 1795 occupation Tailor.  At some stage before 1852 he arrived in Westminster with all his family. His son Pietro was born 1829 Parmanova and daughter was born 1825 Palma.  I have them all in the census from 1861.

What I have not been able to find is an immigration record which might give me added information of where they came from and if Valentine’s wife was with them as she does not appear on the census.

I have tried Familysearch with no luck for picking up the family in Italy or emigration to England.

Any guidance would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Sonia

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Sonia Gardener

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Urbani family from Italy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 October 20 11:39 BST (UK) »
My apologies for giving so little information and I hope the following will help.

Valentine Urbani born 1795 Italy died 1794 Westminster
His 2 children were Lucia Urbani born 1825 Palma.  She married ? Fantini and her 3 children Giacomina 1851, PasQuale Valentine 1854 & Antonio Angelo 1856 were born in Palmanova Italy She was a widow in 1871
Pietro Valentine Urbani born 1829 Palmanova 1881 census.  He is a tailor living Golden Sq Westminster with wife Elizabeth Vaughan who he married 1852 Strand RD London. His children were all born in London between 1855 & 1871. Josephine, Giovani Valentine AKA John Valentine, Valentine Luigi, Giuliano Fracesco, Emilia Maria and Carolina Theresa.
Also living with them is his father and Lucia and her children.

I have noticed on Ancestry under records for Pietro Urbani that there is an aliens arrival record but my subscription does not let me view it.

I have tried familysearch and the National archives for further information and also done a google search for the family but so far no luck.  I had not yet attempted researching in Italy so thank you so much for your link.  There are possibles there in the Buja Udine area and I have registered now with geneanet to explore further.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

Offline davecapps

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 October 20 17:05 BST (UK) »
aliens arrival record

Port of London
17 Feb 1851

Name and Country:
Francois Philipp
Pietro Urbani

Profession:
Tailors

Native of:
France
Italy

from what port arrived:
Havre
Venezuela

Remarks:
left 4 months

Dave

Offline Sonia Gardener

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 October 20 09:49 BST (UK) »
thank you Dave for your reply - the information gives me further clues to follow
take care Sonia

Offline Crobson1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sonia,

I know you posted this a while back but I just found it, not sure if you have moved on in your search but my partner is a Fantini and the Urbani’s you mention are in his family tree via Valentino’s daughter

He tracked her and her husband to Palmanova in Udine, northern Italy and managed to get her husbands birth certificate, but never  went any further back than that within Italy.

Charlotte