Author Topic: Henry, Lucy & Jane Wilkinson 1891 mystery  (Read 1120 times)

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry, Lucy & Jane Wilkinson 1891 mystery
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 October 20 16:09 BST (UK) »
Looking very closely at 1891 census I believe her age to be 31.

Looking at the 1901 census Henry & Jane are living a couple of doors away from his parents Henry & Esther with a grandson.

John

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 October 20 16:41 BST (UK) »
I know that Laura Wilkinson born 1891 was the daughter of Henry and Lucy, but I thought that there was another child for them.  Can anyone please find him/her and complete the picture?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 October 20 17:16 BST (UK) »
I can't help smiling at the name of Lucy's father, Joseph Cutts, whose profession was Knife Grinder! Sounds like a character from Happy Families. ;D

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 October 20 17:22 BST (UK) »
I know that Laura Wilkinson born 1891 was the daughter of Henry and Lucy, but I thought that there was another child for them.  Can anyone please find him/her and complete the picture?

Have you looked on the GRO index where it shows mothers maiden surnames as that is where we would be searching  :-\
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 08 October 20 18:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie.  I'll try that, but have to register/login and if I ever had a password, I've forgotten it, so the site tells me that it may take time for me to get a reply.  I'll wait and see. :)